Gay in rural America: Up to 5 percent of rural residents are LGBTQ, report finds

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
I have a problem with the radical ones trampling on peoples rights .... For example ... Allowing men to compete in women's events etc .... We cowtow to the extremes ....
I agree. The Democrats, except for one, voted to allow men to compete in women's sports, even though it angers many women athletes. I don't blame the women. It's unfair to them.

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
What exactly is "fake" about the story?
Are you saying the report does not exist or are you saying that the information in the article is incorrect?
Hi @Hollywood I'm assuming that you're responding to someone that is questioning the validity of the story. Since I have several people on Ignore I cannot see their comments or from whom they come nor can I respond to them. But if that's the case here are some more sources that speak to the same thing and there are loads of other sources and websites containing similar reports, for their information.

Nearly 4 million LGBTQ people live in rural America, and 'everything is not bias and awful'
Susan Miller, USA TODAY

"A report out Wednesday upends that assumption: 2.9 million to 3.8 million in the LGBTQ community call rural America home, data shows – and, for many, that’s exactly where they want to be."
"The report by the Movement Advancement Project puts a spotlight for the first time on a sizable segment of the 19 million LGBTQ people in the USA – or 4.5% of all adults and 10% of youths – who don’t congregate on the coasts or in major cities."

Finding Gay Rural America
By Bill Bishop

Where We Call Home: LGBT People in Rural America
Authors
Report Partners

The Most Underrated Cities in America for Gay Travelers
By Andrew Collins

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Hi @Hollywood I'm assuming that you're responding to someone that is questioning the validity of the story. Since I have several people on Ignore I cannot see their comments or from whom they come nor can I respond to them. But if that's the case here are some more sources that speak to the same thing and there are loads of other sources and websites containing similar reports, for their information.

Nearly 4 million LGBTQ people live in rural America, and 'everything is not bias and awful'
Susan Miller, USA TODAY

Finding Gay Rural America
By Bill Bishop

Where We Call Home: LGBT People in Rural America
Authors
Report Partners

The Most Underrated Cities in America for Gay Travelers
By Andrew Collins
You are posting mutiple news articles who are ALL quoting the same report by the Movement Advancement Project.

That makes no sense.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
Anecdote, when my wife and I lived in a small, deep red rural town, a gay/transgender person moved to town and started an awareness/advocacy group and held a small "march" through town. One of the old-timers piped up on social media and said "I don't wanna see that," and I was surprised to see numerous truck-driving, Republican-voting, hunting/fishing, stereotypically masculine men I knew pipe up and mock and chastise the person for being intolerant/closed-minded and saying "live and let live."

As time goes on, I think more and more people, even those who can't relate to homosexuality and maybe personally are pretty turned off by it, nonetheless really don't give a shit about the way other people are sexually, and go even farther to actively chastise people for acting bigoted about it.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
No they do NOT

That thread was BS - nowhere in the text of the actual bill did it say that.

234 House Democrats, 2 Republicans Co-Sponsor Bill Forcing ...

https://www.dailysignal.com/.../234-house-democrats-2-republicans-co-sponsor-bill-f...

2 days ago - ... public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males ... Bill Forcing Schools to Let Male Athletes Compete on Girls Sports Teams ... (That's not counting Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico's non-voting ...

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
234 House Democrats, 2 Republicans Co-Sponsor Bill Forcing ...
https://www.dailysignal.com/.../234-house-democrats-2-republicans-co-sponsor-bill-f...

2 days ago - ... public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males ... Bill Forcing Schools to Let Male Athletes Compete on Girls Sports Teams ... (That's not counting Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico's non-voting ...
Most Leftist are incapable of understanding facts.

Parroting fake news talking points is about all they can manage.