Gay marriage ban defeated in Senate vote

I

irishprincess02

You can be born gay. it all has to do with the brain and the hormones of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterin. You dont just instantly "turn" gay. Thats the most ludicrous thing Ive ever heard.

D

dnamertz

Does the word "aids" mean anything to you? who has the most cases? who is spreading it more? hmmm ... could it be the gay community? Why are there "gay parades"? Why don't we have "straight parades"? Because that would be a "hate" crime. I just really don't like the fact that they seem to need "special laws" like the one that just passed protecting gays. I had thought that we already had a law that says you can't just walk up to someone and hit them for no reason at all. No matter what color/religion/gender ect. So why do we need to waste time and money making the same law for gays? Why the special treatment?
Laura, let me address these things one at a time. 1st, Aids is not caused by or spread through homosexuality. If it were, why is the occurance of AIDS so low among gay women? The reason AIDS is higher among gay MEN is because the disease is spread easier through anal-sex because the thin lining of that area can lead to bleeding (I don't mean to be gross). So, any couple having anal-sex is more prone to AIDS, whether it be two gay men or a man and woman. Now, obviously gay men are the majority of the people having this type of sex so their percentage of AIDS is higher. But lesbians are no more at risk than heterosexuals, so it really annoys me when people try to link AIDS with homosexuality.

As for the parades, I think its kind of ridiculous to have a gay parade and I don't think its doing the gay community any good to have them, especially in the eyes of those who disagree with them. However, a "straigh parade" would not be a hate-crime, but it would draw some criticism. The reason there is a double standard is because one group is a minority and minorities are always allowed certain leway in things like gay parades, affirmative action, Black Entertainment Television, etc. Gay parades exist because gay people feel like they've been persecuted or treated like 2nd class sinners, so they, so they respond by get together as a group and try to be in your face even though it sometimes backfires. However, straight people don't face this persecution so there is no need to fight back...there is no need for a straight parade. When a group is the majority, there is usually no need for them to make any kind of noise.

I do not walk around saying "I AM STRAIGHT" "I DESERVE MORE THEN YOU" I NEED SPECIAL LAWS" I do not do those things...
I actually think you are doing that by saying marriage should only be for heterosexuals and not gays. How is that not a "special right"?

I do not walk around hugging and kissing my husband in public. Those things are for closed doors.
I agree, but how is that relevant to this issue. The majority of public displays of affection we see are from straight people.

I don't buy that for one minute. You are not born predisposed to be gay. It is a learned response. Where are the psych majors around here. Remember pavlavs dog. You are taught by your surroundings. Being born gay is like being born a child molestor.
Architect3j, Did you learn to be straight? I don't agree that people "are not born predisposed to be gay", because none of us really know. None of us know whether someone else chose to be gay or learned it or was born that way. We can only speak for ouselves, and I personally did not CHOSE to be straight, women just seem to be who I'm naturally attracted to.

And if you think its "learned", how would gay people learn it. I think we all pretty much grow up in the same society. Gay men didn't grow up being shown pictures of men while the striagh ones were being shown pictures of women. We're all exposed to the same media, and even people raised in the same household turn out with different sexual oreintations. What is it you think they learned that is different from the rest of us?

J

johnnyturk!

Being a child molestor, though, doesn't depend on hormons, it is mostly a reslut of education, more or less like being a rigth winger.

What the hell is this? You guys bitch about personal attacks and then you spew this garbage. This is some of the most hate filled nonsense I have ever seen.

I

irishprincess02

Reagrding the "special laws" somone brought up, one of the main reasons gays want their marriages to be recognized is because they do not receive insurance benefits and all that good stuff if they are just living together. And thats why I am all for the civil unions, but not the marriage, because marriage is sacred and traditional.

I

Inkslinger

Being a child molestor, though, doesn't depend on hormons, it is mostly a reslut of education, more or less like being a rigth winger.

What the hell is this? You guys bitch about personal attacks and then you spew this garbage. This is some of the most hate filled nonsense I have ever seen.

Nothing at all like the stuff that falls out of your hole though, right JohnnyTurk?

D

dnamertz

It was in response to Architect saying "Being born gay is like being born a child molestor" and I didn't hear you say that comment was "hate filled nonsense".

I

Inkslinger

Drives ya nuts, don't it Turk

Calling out your hypocrisy sux! ~Inky

I

irishprincess02

This is ridiculous. Comparing child molestors to gays is the most ludicrous thing Ive heard in a very very long time. And Ive heard some things that are way out there. Child molestors have nothing to do with gays and have nothing to do with this dicussion. And Im trying to be honest here.

M

Maritxu

Turk,

Well I juts put the rigth wingers as an example.
If you don't believe being a rigth winger is bad, why do you get mad?

And if it makes you feel better:
Being a left winger is also the result of education! ;) At least that happened with me!