Geithner: U.S. To Hit Debt Limit December 31 IGOR BOBIC 4:30 PM EST, WEDNESDAY DECEM

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Geithner: U.S. To Hit Debt Limit December 31

IGOR BOBIC 4:30 PM EST, WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 26, 2012

The United States will reach the statutory debt ceiling on December 31, 2012, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner announced in a letter to Congress on Wedneday. The federal government will then begin taking a series of "extraordinary measures" as authorized by law to postpone a default on its debt, creating an additional $200 billion in headroom in order to provide Congress with the necessary time to raise the ceiling once more.

more:
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/geithner-us-to-hit-debt-limit-december-31?ref=fpb

And the tea party backed, or just scared shitless, Republicans in Congress think they are voting for spending, by voting to pay for what they already spent. They somehow don't understand that paying for what you've spent is what grownups do. Pitching a fit and tossing the bill in the trash is what immature idiots do.

This country is getting stupider and stupider.

Reactions: HenryPorter
Oct 2010
In the empty heads of the right wingers I own
I really want Obama to do the Seignorage option weeks before the debt ceiling ends. It'll eff up every right wing nut in congress and the Senate by doing an end run around them.

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
I really want Obama to do the Seignorage option weeks before the debt ceiling ends. It'll eff up every right wing nut in congress and the Senate by doing an end run around them.

What's the Seignorage option, Shanty?

Oct 2010
There are some arguments saying its not possible, but I think those are generally partisans worried about being able to use the debt ceiling against Democratic Presidents.

Jul 2011
Tennessee
And the tea party backed, or just scared shitless, Republicans in Congress think they are voting for spending, by voting to pay for what they already spent. They somehow don't understand that paying for what you've spent is what grownups do. Pitching a fit and tossing the bill in the trash is what immature idiots do.

This country is getting stupider and stupider.
isn't this convenient.

the games this administration plays and how the media plays along. disgusting!!

Oct 2010
isn't this convenient.

How the media goes along with the hype the right wing loonies are pushing...

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
isn't this convenient.

Messing around with the debt ceiling is the game, mtm. You pay for what you spent. You don't throw tantrums.