Gendercide

May 2011
Glad we agree.

But I do not believe there's a significant correlation between propensity for DS diagnoses, and stances on abortion.
Your charge of hypocrisy is only based on this belief. This seems insufficient don't you think?

And how about the availability of the test? Perhaps it was more available to certain privileged groups that tend to be more pro-abortion.

younger mothers are more likely to be pro-choice, and older mothers are more likely to be pro-life.
This may be true, but I didn't see those specific categories amongst the Gallup polls. What I did see is growing support for the prolife side in virtually every category! In particular, young people and college grads have become more prolife.

I'm sure we all condemn this mass slaughter of the handicapped. Can we agree that these handicapped unborn babies deserve some protection?

Last edited:

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Glad we agree.

Your charge of hypocrisy is only based on this belief. This seems insufficient don't you think?
There is no evidence of correlation; it's not an unreasonable belief in light of a lack of all evidence to the contrary. There is no evidence to suggest that liberals more more likely to be diagnosed with DS fetuses.

And how about the availability of the test? Perhaps it was more available to certain privileged groups that tend to be more pro-abortion.
No; DS tests are more accessible to the wealthy, or those with decent insurance plans. These people are more likley to lean toward the conservative side. This argument doesn't work in your favor.

This may be true, but I didn't see those specific categories amongst the Gallup polls. What I did see is growing support for the prolife side in virtually every category! For example, young people and college grads are increasingly prolife.
And yet, nearly EVERYONE diagnosed with a DS fetus seems to want an abortion, regardless of their "offical" stance on abortion. This is very telling.

I'm sure we all condemn this mass slaughter of the handicapped. Can we agree that these handicapped unborn babies deserve some protection?
No. It's the mother's decision. Not yours. Not mine.

May 2011
No; DS tests are more accessible to the wealthy, or those with decent insurance plans. These people are more likley to lean toward the conservative side. This argument doesn't work in your favor.
You didn't look at those Gallup polls very carefully. The wealthy are much more pro-abortion than the middle or lower classes. That's what the pro-abortion movement is all about: eliminating populations the elite find inconvenient.

It's the mother's decision.
The elites use lies and economic pressure to manipulate women into killing off their future. Do you really mean to say you refuse these handicapped unborn babies any protection at all? You wouldn't lift a finger to stop this extermination of the handicapped?!

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
You didn't look at those Gallup polls very carefully. The wealthy are much more pro-abortion than the middle or lower classes. That's what the pro-abortion movement is all about: eliminating populations the elite find inconvenient.

The elites use lies and economic pressure to manipulate women into killing off their future. Do you really mean to say you refuse these handicapped unborn babies any protection at all? You wouldn't lift a finger to stop this extermination of the handicapped?!
Again - do you see any problem with your premise that 90% of all DS mothers happen to be pro-choice? And less than 10% of DS mothers are pro-life?

This premise has never been cited, proposed, or mentioned anywhere prior to this thread. No study supports it. No one has even hypothesized it before you.

BTW, you're contradicting yourself again here too:
The wealthy are much more pro-abortion than the middle or lower classes. ... The elites use lies and economic pressure to manipulate women into killing off their future.
The wealthy are not as susceptible to lies (due to better education opportunities), or economic pressure (due to affluence) as the middle or lower classes.

May 2011
The wealthy are not as susceptible to lies (due to better education opportunities), or economic pressure (due to affluence) as the middle or lower classes.
The wealthy are more likely to have been indoctrinated into PC pieties that serve their class interests.

You avoided my question: Do you really mean to say you refuse these handicapped unborn babies any protection at all? You wouldn't lift a finger to stop this extermination of the handicapped?!

This premise has never been cited, proposed, or mentioned anywhere prior to this thread. No study supports it. No one has even hypothesized it before you.
Blather. lol

Last edited:

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
The wealthy are more likely to have been indoctrinated into PC pieties that serve their class interests.
Are older, wealthier people more likely to be liberal, or conservative?

You avoided my question: Do you really mean to say you refuse these handicapped unborn babies any protection at all? You wouldn't lift a finger to stop this extermination of the handicapped?!
Assuming we're talking about fetuses, then no. Not if the protection goes against the wishes of the mother. And in the context of this statement, whether the fetus is handicapped is irrelevant. A handicapped fetus is no less "capable" than a non-handicapped fetus.