George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style'

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
SANFORD --

A physician assistant who treated George Zimmerman's injuries the day after he said he shot and killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense testified Friday that she had treated Zimmerman before, and that he told her he'd had been involved with mixed martial arts several times a week.

Lindzee Folgate said she previously treated Zimmerman in August and September 2011. When he returned for treatment on Feb. 27, 2012, with various cuts and a broken nose, Folgate said Zimmerman told her he was in a fight and his head was shoved into the ground
Physician assistant: George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style' | News 13

Very clever the way the prosecution got this evidence in. My question is if Zimmerman was trained in self-defense, how come he couldn't subdue Trayvon Martin without resorting to using a gun? This may well be a game changer.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Probably because like many guys claiming to be MMA fighters in training, he was full of shit.

Reactions: 3 people
Mar 2013
The Pass
Probably because like many guys claiming to be MMA fighters in training, he was full of shit.
Or that "tap Out" sticker you see on guys cars. But, I guess this is another way to get your name on a lead post on yet another Zimmerman topic. Kind of a "look at me" sort of deal. Too funny.

:cool:

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Or that "tap Out" sticker you see on guys cars. But, I guess this is another way to get your name on a lead post on yet another Zimmerman topic. Kind of a "look at me" sort of deal. Too funny.

:cool:
And this is just another way to glom on to a post that you wish you would have made while trying to pretend to be cooler.

Reactions: 4 people
Jun 2011
N/A
Physician assistant: George Zimmerman trained 'MMA style' | News 13

Very clever the way the prosecution got this evidence in. My question is if Zimmerman was trained in self-defense, how come he couldn't subdue Trayvon Martin without resorting to using a gun? This may well be a game changer.

Fascinating, and yet, morbid. I am beginning to think that televising high profile court cases is not doing us much good. Well, it's giving us fodder to bitch at each other about, but I also suspect that it is subtly changing the way both prosecutions and defenses approach this all - for a camera instead of just for a judge or jury.

If justice is supposed to be blind, why do we collectively keep screaming to her all the gory details, as if she can see?

Reactions: 1 person

RosieS

Former Staff
Mar 2013
Mother Mayo
Yeah, the John Good witness says he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman raining down blows MMA style....ground and pound.

Zimmerman attended Kokopelli' s Gym three times a week for MMA classes.

I would think the gym would teach how to get out of ground and pound.

But then O'Mara established with Folgate that Zimmerman was obese, had high blood pressure, etc.

Why an out of of shape pursuer would get in a "tussle" (John Good) with Martin, I dunno.

The Man assures me that a fat ass is not a lethal weapon, so Zimmerman was SOL there.

John Good specifically said he saw no head grabbing nor sidewalk pounding.

"Tussle" is what my Jack Russell Terrier does for fun with the cat and he gets scratched up, too.

Zimmerman should have been taught how to extricate himself. He had no serious injuries.

I can only conclude Zimmerman ended the tussle with overbearing force, too soon.

Aggravated manslaughter of an individual of less than 18 years of age.

Regards from Rosie

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person