Gillibrand Out

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
She never had a chance, but she made a nice haul in donations and gets to keep what is left over. She remains Schumer's doppelganger.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
She was never going to be the nominee. She threw Bill Clinton under the bus. The Clintonoids never forgave her.

Jan 2016
Colorado
She never had a chance, but she made a nice haul in donations and gets to keep what is left over. She remains Schumer's doppelganger.
The terrific German word 'doppelganger' should be reserved for people who really DO look like each other, to some startling degree. Like, for example, Donald Trump's adviser Stephen Miller, and the Minister of Propaganda for the Nazi regime, Joseph Goebbels.

1567029761760.png

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
The terrific German word 'doppelganger' should be reserved for people who really DO look like each other, to some startling degree. Like, for example, Donald Trump's adviser Stephen Miller, and the Minister of Propaganda for the Nazi regime, Joseph Goebbels.

View attachment 27175

I appreciate the sentiment, but there really isn't that much of a physical resemblance between the two, which, I believe, is the emphasis in the use of the word.

A better example would be Trump and his mom.

He is definitely her doppelganger.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Fortunately for them, Al Franken was there to take the first hit.
You may be surprised to hear this but I think we agree that she is very clearly an opportunistic politician.

Reactions: raj