Gina Rodriguez apologizes for using N-word while singing on Instagram video

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Gina Rodriguez apologizes for using N-word while singing on Instagram video
“I am sorry if I offended anyone by singing The Fugees, to a song that I love, that I grew up on,” Rodriguez said.
By Gwen Aviles

"The word I sang, carries with it a legacy of hurt and pain that I cannot even imagine,” she said in the statement, which was posted on Instagram."
"I have some serious learning and growing to do and I am so deeply sorry for the pain I have caused,” she wrote."
"But the actress has been at the center of criticism over previous comments that have been pointed out as anti-black or insensitive to the black community."

######################################################################################
She apologized. However, the use of that word by many is occurring more frequently than many care to realize. One thing that amazes many as has been said is that some Black people often use that word among themselves so are they making a statement that it is not so egregious after all?

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Most rap songs say the N-word.

So it's dumb that she has to bow to PC and social justice and say how wrong she was for singing a song. Millions of people do it everyday.

So if black people don't want anyone saying it, don't put it in your songs.

Frankly, I think it shouldn't be in there because it became socially unacceptable to say it.

• Haha
Reactions: Davocrat
May 2012
By the wall
Obviously she is an idiot for even doing this.

When you are in the spotlight you avoid confrontational things.

Oct 2013
Sweden
Intention is EVERYTHING. My son is black...his best friend is white, swedish.....he can call him nigga anytime he wanted to, but a black dude my son didnt know couldnt! You have to know him and he has to be sure of your intention..it can be used friendly or hostile, your skin color is irrelevant...your intention when you use it is whats important. Communication is about intention, not buzzwords

Reactions: ripskater
May 2012
By the wall
Intention is EVERYTHING. My son is black...his best friend is white, swedish.....he can call him nigga anytime he wanted to, but a black dude my son didnt know couldnt! You have to know him and he has to be sure of your intention..it can be used friendly or hostile, your skin color is irrelevant...your intention when you use it is whats important. Communication is about intention, not buzzwords
Not the same thing. An actor isn't best friends with the millions of people that view their work.

It's about perception.