Gingrich- Trump comments about judge a "mistake", "inexcusable"

Jun 2013
VA
Gingrich: Trump remarks about judge 'mistake,' 'inexcusable' | Fox News

Well, there goes Newt's shot at "First Mate of the Titanic"....Trump won't reward disloyalty.

Hilariously, if you go over to "Trumpbart" (aka Breitbart)....same guys who LOVED Newt when he was singing Trump's praises....are now...naturally...calling him a "RINO" a "traitor" a "Bush flunkie" and of course "part of the New World Order/Globalists"

I think Newt is smart enough to realize that Trump isn't going to "start acting Presidential"...and the trajectory of his campaign for President.

And he wants to change his image from a Trump booster to a "I KNEW this would happen" guy on Election Night.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
In Newt's defense, he was a Trump booster for a very short period of time. I think it was two months ago, he contemptuously denounced Fox and Friends for giving Trump free airtime.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Good to see Newt is your new hero.
What does this post even mean? The OP compared him to a Vegas hooker, and I pointed out that he's switched what he's saying twice in less than three months.

Or are we going to just drop the one-liner, leave it at that, and run away from how the GOP as we know it is coming apart at the seams?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Gingrich: Trump remarks about judge 'mistake,' 'inexcusable' | Fox News

Well, there goes Newt's shot at "First Mate of the Titanic"....Trump won't reward disloyalty.

Hilariously, if you go over to "Trumpbart" (aka Breitbart)....same guys who LOVED Newt when he was singing Trump's praises....are now...naturally...calling him a "RINO" a "traitor" a "Bush flunkie" and of course "part of the New World Order/Globalists"

I think Newt is smart enough to realize that Trump isn't going to "start acting Presidential"...and the trajectory of his campaign for President.

And he wants to change his image from a Trump booster to a "I KNEW this would happen" guy on Election Night.
Gingrich has been critical of Mr. Trump through-out this entire process. So nothing new here.

Sometimes he has nice things to say. Sometimes he has bad things to say.

So I don't know why the OP seems so shocked that Gingrich would say something critical of Mr. Trump. The man criticizes Trump just as much as he compliments him - and has done so since the beginning. So if this really was a disqualifying factor like the OP claims then Gingrich would have never been on the VP list to start with.

Mr. Trump isn't as thin-skinned as people make out. He seems perfectly capable of getting along with people who have criticized him in the past - such as Perry, Rubio, Cruz - all of which he has been magnanimous with once he defeats them.

It's more about being competitive than it is thin-skinned or vindictive.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
North Carolina
What does this post even mean? The OP compared him to a Vegas hooker, and I pointed out that he's switched what he's saying twice in less than three months.

Or are we going to just drop the one-liner, leave it at that, and run away from how the GOP as we know it is coming apart at the seams?
lol

This is ridiculous.

Coming apart at the seams because Mr. Trump said the judge was bias and Gingrich criticized him for it? Meanwhile the democrats are throwing chairs and threatening the lives of party insiders.

This board is always good for some comedy relief if nothing else.

Last edited:

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
lol...

This is ridiculous.

Coming apart at the seams because Mr. Trump said the judge was bias and Gingrich criticized him for it? Meanwhile the democrats are throwing chairs and threatening the lives of party insiders.

This board is always good for some comedy relief if nothing else.
Gingrich, Scarborough, McConnell, Ryan, Corker ... the list really goes on as far people in DC Republican leadership who have all but officially abandoned the nominee.

Do those people not matter? How about conservative opinion leaders? Erickson, Beck, Will, Scarborough, Shapiro...

Basically, Trump's got the ~30-40 percent of the base who whittled him through the primaries, Limbaugh and Breitbart, behind him after last week. The GOP that ain't.

The way things are going, Trump will actively suppress the Republican turnout or deliver enough of them to the Libertarian ticket to sink any chance for himself, a Senate majority, and possibly a House majority.

The long term fear among quite a few Republican strategists is that Latinos will become like blacks, a permanent Democratic support base. Goldwater effect. And the nation ain't getting any whiter...

Jun 2014
United States
It's hilarious to see the establishment Republicans refusing to acknowledge that Trump's vile, obviously racist statements are indeed "racist".

[video=youtube;jC-5uEy24oc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-5uEy24oc[/video]

The denials for McConnell begin at about 3:40 into the interview, but he's hardly the only Republican politician who has been playing this game over the past few days. Denial of the very existence of racism has become so ingrained within the GOP establishment over the past several decades that their politicians can't even bring themselves to say the word "racist", much less to acknowledge blatant examples of racism on the part of their presidential nominee. Who do they think they're fooling at this point?