Girl kicked out of school for pink hair

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
They can be a good thing... Uniforms can, at least, equalize kids in appearance. Nobody bullying anyone else because they have cooler clothes and such...
well i heard that was a thing, kids are so cruel, i was abused so bad at that age, i still hate kids, they should beat the little bastards

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
well i heard that was a thing, kids are so cruel, i was abused so bad at that age, i still hate kids, they should beat the little bastards
It's no joke... In Russia, especially certain Moscow neighborhoods I understand, gangs of boys

set their own dress codes and rules, outlawing certain labels or something, in "their" school or on "their" street.

And another young lad who violates this gets approached by a bunch of them and asked to "explain your clothes" ("poyasni za shmot").

You then better find a damn good, respectable reason they would accept for wearing whatever it is they don't like.

This kid, for example, couldn't "explain his clothes"

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
It's no joke... In Russia, especially certain Moscow neighborhoods I understand, gangs of boys

set their own dress codes and rules, outlawing certain labels or something, in "their" school or on "their" street.

And another young lad who violates this gets approached by a bunch of them and asked to "explain your clothes" ("poyasni za shmot").

You then better find a damn good, respectable reason they would accept for wearing whatever it is they don't like.

This kid, for example, couldn't "explain his clothes"
the russians seem to be a very brutal people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
the russians seem to be a very brutal people
There is a famous movie over there, "Black Boomer", about four friends, gangsters, riding around in their black BMW, having all sorts of adventures.

At one point, one of them got shot by some rivals, and they drove him to this old lady traditional healer to patch him up, can't take him to hospital with bullet wound, you know; and she is shaking her head at them, says, you boys are all gonna get yourselves killed one day; and one of them says this phrase, now immortal

"It's not us, who are like this; it's our life."

That's Russia, in a nutshell. Her people have been screwed up by centuries after centuries of nasty regimes... Now, they are as they are...

Jul 2018
North Carolina
They can be a good thing... Uniforms can, at least, equalize kids in appearance. Nobody bullying anyone else because they have cooler clothes and such...
Yea I agree. Kids in the Philippines wear school uniforms, and it’s not such a big deal, so I’m not sure what the hoohaa (stress / concern) about wearing a uniform would be. LOL
It would set a common standard on the plus side.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Yea I agree. Kids in the Philippines wear school uniforms, and it’s not such a big deal, so I’m not sure what the hoohaa (stress / concern) about wearing a uniform would be. LOL
It would set a common standard on the plus side.
One of the long running issues in Russian schools, are all the subcultures among the youths there.

When I was there in early 2000s, we had all of these in my school:

The "rappers", who would be into hip-hop, as the name suggests

The "rockers" who'd listen to punk and heavy metal bands like, on the boys' below sweatshirts, Korol i Shut (King and Jester, very famous band in Russia to this day)

The gopniks ("gangstas", roughly lol), whose favourite music would be "blatnyak" (Russian prison songs) and they'd have tattoos, wear tracksuits, and generally try to emulate the grown up mafia, with their slang and everything; but mostly just sit around and drink beer, when they ain't going around picking fights and trying to rob people...

And, of course, the political cliques, mostly far right, who used to wear leather jackets and army boots and shave their heads, in my day, but, these days, apparently, have no particular uniform and just identify themselves with the Nazi right hand salute...

The rappers and the rockers always hated one another and would have violent brawls in our music hall over who gets to play whose music on our disco nights haha The far right/skinheads would, of course, especially pick on non-Slavic minorities like myself, my worst enemy they were. And the gopniks, well, they never give a shit, they just get drunk and/or high and just fucking fight with anyone who gets in their way... haha I was kind of a gopnik myself back then lol Well, I hung with them for a long time, anyway, because they'd defend me from the skinheads...

Anyway, yeah, all these feuding subcultures were one of the big reasons they'd decided to bring back uniforms there. And the girls dressing far too "grown up" also, as I mentioned before hehe

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Prosecutors in central Russia have opened an investigation into the suspension of a high school student for pink-colored hair.

Perm resident Zinaida Agisheva, 15, was reportedly suspended from classes earlier this month for violating a local school’s dress code after dying her hair pink. She was later reinstated after returning “with normal hair,” the school’s director [principal] told local media last week.

Perm prosecutors said they have opened administrative proceedings against the school and its principal for violating Agisheva’s right to receive an education.

The regional prosecutor’s office added that it had lodged a “protest” against the school’s dress code.

“The [dress code] did not authorize the school to set requirements for the students’ hair color and length,” it said in an online statement Thursday.

Agisheva’s mother Nadezhda, who is a local municipal deputy, wrote on Facebook that she was not seeking to prosecute the school administration.

Following national media attention, social media users dyed their hair pink in support of Agisheva and a regional human rights commissioner criticized the suspension as discriminatory.

“‘Adults’ think if they’re older, they’re right and there are no other opinions,” Agisheva wrote on her Instagram account. “No ‘adult’ has the right to dictate how to live your life.”
Russian Principal Prosecuted for Suspending Schoolgirl Over Pink Hair

I have mixed feelings about this. Nice to see good sense prevail for the girl and the principal actually facing possible punishment for this sort of arbitrary bs.

On the other, it is simply another manifestation of Russia's enduring inequality. Kids all over Russia get treated like crap every day in the education system there, God knows.

And most, unlike our young Zina here, whose mommy doesn't happen to be an influential official and daddy, reportedly, a prominent businessman, whose families do not possess wealth and powerful connections, have no recourse at all...