Giuliani on his Ukraine trip: "We're not meddling in an election - we're meddling in an investigation!"

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Once again, this isn't satire and I didn't make it up kids. So now thanks to Donald's new fixer, it's okay to do anything as long as you do it out in the open. Want dirt on your opponent? Just travel to another country to encourage it and announce it in advance. NOTHING is illegal when it comes to winning an election. Go there, undermine the US military, undermine US intelligence, rip on our DOJ, rip on our allies, and tear at the foundations of our democracy.
President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani is planning a trip to Ukraine in the coming days to push for probes into Democrats that will benefit the president, according to a report. Giuliani on Thursday told The New York Times of his intentions to meet with Ukraine’s president-elect Volodymyr Zelensky in Kiev in an attempt to convince him to continue pursuing investigations into former Vice President Joe Biden — who announced his 2020 presidential bid last month — and his past dealings with the country, as well as the origins of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

“We’re not meddling in an election, we’re meddling in an investigation, which we have a right to do,” the Trump attorney said, adding “there’s nothing illegal about it. Somebody could say it’s improper,” Giuliani explained. “And this isn’t foreign policy — I’m asking them to do an investigation that they’re doing already and that other people are telling them to stop. And I’m going to give them reasons why they shouldn’t stop it because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government.”
MOAR: Please read and tell me this doesn't remind you of the time Trump claimed he sent gumshoes to Hawaii to look into Obama's birth certificate and they "can't believe what they are finding!"

Cleanup on Aisle RUDY!! :zany:

Rudy Giuliani plans trip to Ukraine to push for probes into Democrats: "We’re not meddling in an election"

Last edited:
May 2013
N Oregon Coast
Here's the latest on Rudy's fishing expedition in the Ukraine
https://nypost.com/2019/05/11/rudy-giuliani-now-says-hes-canceling-trip-to-ukraine/

But hey - The trip, and asking Barr to investigate Biden would be totally appropriate
Trump: Discussing a Biden probe with Barr would be 'appropriate'

So IOW, Trump accuses Obama of investigating him in 2016 and "tapping Trump Tower" - That was a conspiracy theory of course .. But here he is saying it would be appropriate to use the power of the White House to investigate his political enemies FOR REAL? No words :neutral:

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
It is galling the shit these people pull and the Republicans pretend nothing is going on. Everything is just fine and dandy as far as they're concerned. This shit is NOT normal!

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
It is galling the shit these people pull and the Republicans pretend nothing is going on. Everything is just fine and dandy as far as they're concerned. This shit is NOT normal!
We're on a terrifying path to becoming a third world banana republic autocracy and they don't appear to give a rat's ass.

Sad :(

Reactions: Babba

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
We're on a terrifying path to becoming a third world banana republic autocracy and they don't appear to give a rat's ass.

Sad :(

It is sad that for some SC Justices and tax cuts that they'd throw away our republic. I suspect, though, that some of them really hate all of this democracy where women and Muslims and people of color get a say in how the country is run.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Here's the latest on Rudy's fishing expedition in the Ukraine
https://nypost.com/2019/05/11/rudy-giuliani-now-says-hes-canceling-trip-to-ukraine/

But hey - The trip, and asking Barr to investigate Biden would be totally appropriate
Trump: Discussing a Biden probe with Barr would be 'appropriate'

So IOW, Trump accuses Obama of investigating him in 2016 and "tapping Trump Tower" - That was a conspiracy theory of course .. But here he is saying it would be appropriate to use the power of the White House to investigate his political enemies FOR REAL? No words :neutral:

I guess they called off Rudy's little trip to Ukraine when they realized that it STUNK to high, high heaven!!

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Ukraine has pulled the plug on his visit, they figured he didn't know which direction he had to swim.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
I guess they called off Rudy's little trip to Ukraine when they realized that it STUNK to high, high heaven!!
Clearly a real attorney still in charge of his faculties informed Angry Rudy that openly meeting with a foreign government to get dirt on a potential political opponent would be a clear cut case of Conspiring against the United States of America.

I guess Rudy figured that if he colluded out in the open, it would be totally okay since they got away with secretly doing it in 2016.