Giuliani Says His Moscow Trump Tower Comments Were ‘Hypothetical’

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
President Trump’s personal lawyer on Monday walked back the timeline he had offered a day earlier on when negotiations ended with Russian officials about a proposed Trump Tower project in Moscow, calling his comments “hypothetical” and not intended to convey facts.

The latest statement from the lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, was described as a clarification of remarks he made to The New York Times in an interview on Sunday, as well as other remarks he made in interviews on Sunday television news shows.

Mr. Giuliani originally quoted Mr. Trump as telling him the negotiations over a Moscow skyscraper continued through “the day I won.” He also said that the president recalled “fleeting conversations” about the deal after the Trump Organization signed a letter of intent to pursue it.

Giuliani Says His Moscow Trump Tower Comments Were ‘Hypothetical’

LOL!

Giuliani is either the worst attorney in history, or this is all part of some brilliant double-insanity-defense ploy by Trump.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
from what I've been watching reported he actually quoted a conversation between him and Trump. There aren't any lawyers that seem to be able to explain what Giuliani is up to. He seems to be doing some perverted version of the "rope a dope".
In Cohen's court papers, it says that he was still pursuing the Moscow deal well after he had won the nomination.

What a shocker - Trump told a big fat lie!!!!

Rudy cracks me up actually. What a stooge he is.

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
I don’t know. At first, I thought Giuliani was just off the rails, but then I started thinking that there was something to this “muddy the waters” theory. Now I’m back to him being a terrible lawyer. Maybe there’s a strategy, maybe not, but I don’t think he’s doing his client any good either way.

Jul 2015
Florida
Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I don’t know. At first, I thought Giuliani was just off the rails, but then I started thinking that there was something to this “muddy the waters” theory. Now I’m back to him being a terrible lawyer. Maybe there’s a strategy, maybe not, but I don’t think he’s doing his client any good either way.

LOL! Reminds me of this old Seinfeld bit:

"Perhaps there's more to Giuliani than meets the eye?"

"No, there's less."