God Prefers

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Funny how you claim to be a Christian but know nothing about John 3. Shows me you are not applying the Bible to your life
Another example of your unChristian behavior. Sad.

Romans 13:9
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

Please accept Christ into your heart and throw out the evil one.

1572960737623.png

Reactions: Claudius the God
Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
So you mean it doesn't matter how much a dick someone is as long as they accept Christ, right? I think that might be the MO of a lot of right-wingers on this site.
God judges the heart. Man judges by outward appearance. God's mercy is greater than man's judgement. This life means nothing unless it's in Jesus. Yes, a person can be a real dick, mean and nasty and God will forgive them. They're not going to enjoy their life, but they can be forgiven. Forgiveness of others that have hurt us is one of the hardest things to do.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
I don't fear God. God has never been cruel to me, but neither does god control every aspect of my life. When bad things happen, god is rooting for me. God wants me to do well. If a spirit is evil and attempts to derail me, god is there to help me fight it. God cannot protect me from myself or anything else. Im here to live my life, I'm not a pawn to gods whims and im not a ringer in some rigged game with a preordained ending. Thank god that my soul is free from the tyranny of pre-destiny!

I fight every day against the uncertainty of my existence and no one tells me which path to take.

Reactions: Leaf Aricsun
Jan 2007
Irrelevant
I think this is meaningless rhetoric designed to sow misunderstanding rather than mutual respect.

If an atheist is kind, for kindeness' sake, then he is already affirming a divine imperative that is beyond himself (or material existence for that matter). He is therefore an atheist by rote.

If a christian is hateful, then he is so for personal gain (since there is nothing hateful in god nor his laws). That means he puts his self-interests first before the divine imperative which ultimately describes a state of separation from god. He is therefore a christian by rote.

Both statements therefore contain defects in reasoning. But then again, everyone has defects of their own -- which is why salvation is necessary to begin with. Judgments like 'prefer' is self-serving. What exactly is the point of saying someone is 'better off' if everyone is equally dependent on grace?

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
If an atheist is kind, for kindeness' sake, then he is already affirming a divine imperative that is beyond himself (or material existence for that matter). He is therefore an atheist by rote.
Except that the atheist denies the existence of any divinity, and therefore any perceived "affirmation" of this kind is purely incidental, since he explicitly denies what you claim he affirms.
[E]veryone has defects of their own -- which is why salvation is necessary to begin with.
This statement presumes a particular religious worldview, however, that not everyone shares.

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
Agreed. I strongly doubt a loving, merciful God would send the people of primitive societies to Hell for not accepting someone they never heard about. OTOH, I can see how someone who should know better would spend some penance in their own Hell for going against God's commandments.
I would go further in saying that everyone is saved. That is the central theological truth of the 'good news'.

Jan 2007
Irrelevant
Except that the atheist denies the existence of any divinity, and therefore any perceived "affirmation" of this kind is purely incidental, since he explicitly denies what you claim he affirms.
He denies objective existence of goodness and yet affirms the objective existence of the same? That is a defect in reasoning. Meanwhile, he comports his life according to the semina verbi within his own person. Clearly, that person has made a conscientious choice regarding the matter, wouldn't you say?

This statement presumes a particular religious worldview, however, that not everyone shares.
Of course it is. That is a worldview that treats everyone, regardless of religion, as 'children of god'.