Gold Star family of slain California soldier booed on flight

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late and the crew, fearing the Gold Star family could miss their connecting flight, made an announcement for passengers to remain seated to let a "special military family" deplane first.

Perry said several passengers in first class booed, complaining that it was "baloney" and that they paid first-class fares. He said he doesn't know if the passengers from Sacramento knew there was a Gold Star family on board or whether people sitting in the coach section complained.

"It was just disgusting behavior from people in first class; it was terrible to see," Perry said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gold-star-family-slain-california-soldier-booed-flight-022057689.html

I think this father is being overly gracious. The passengers knew the crew considered them a "special military family". What exactly did they think that meant?

Reactions: 1 person

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Some folks are so entitled. :-/

I think a mandatory 2 yr draft out of high school would be a good thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2016
Kannapolis North Carolina
Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late and the crew, fearing the Gold Star family could miss their connecting flight, made an announcement for passengers to remain seated to let a "special military family" deplane first.

Perry said several passengers in first class booed, complaining that it was "baloney" and that they paid first-class fares. He said he doesn't know if the passengers from Sacramento knew there was a Gold Star family on board or whether people sitting in the coach section complained.

"It was just disgusting behavior from people in first class; it was terrible to see," Perry said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gold-star-family-slain-california-soldier-booed-flight-022057689.html

I think this father is being overly gracious. The passengers knew the crew considered them a "special military family". What exactly did they think that meant?
You get that from people who live in California