GOP CONGRESSMAN: Military Members Keep Telling Me To Vote No On Syria

May 2012
By the wall
Once you start letting members of the military weigh in with their opinion on military matters your effectiveness degrades quickly.

People of the military need to stay neutral and do as they are told.

This has been true since the dawn of the organized military unit.

Jun 2011
Once you start letting members of the military weigh in with their opinion on military matters your effectiveness degrades quickly.

The people of the military need to remember their Oath.

They're supposed to obey only LAWFUL orders. A unilateral strike on al qeada's enemies does not seem to be a lawful order, especially when given by an illegal alien unlawfully holding office.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10

I can get you an enlistment form if you want to go to war for Al Qaeda.

May 2012
By the wall
The people of the military need to remember their Oath.

They're supposed to obey only LAWFUL orders. A unilateral strike on al qeada's enemies does not seem to be a lawful order, especially when given by an illegal alien unlawfully holding office.
They have an option here, the same one the prosecutors at Nuremburg brought up.

If you feel your orders are unlawful than you have the option of leaving the military and making your case as a civilian. You do not stay in uniform and debate the issue. The Nazi cases were a bit different but the general principle is the same.

You either leave or obey but you don't refuse and you don't question.

If you think bombing Al-Qaeda's enemies is an unlawful order than surrender yourself to the proper chain of command and wait for your day in court. Don't go into battle then refuse to act.

May 2012
By the wall
I can get you an enlistment form if you want to go to war for Al Qaeda.
A bit scary that you even know how to sign up for Al-Qaeda.

I can see all sorts of red flags going up next to your name in the NSA computers right now.

Expect to start seeing dark vans parked around your house soon.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail

If you feel your orders are unlawful than you have the option of leaving the military and making your case as a civilian. You do not stay in uniform and debate the issue. The Nazi cases were a bit different but the general principle is the same.

If you think bombing Al-Qaeda's enemies is an unlawful order than surrender yourself to the proper chain of command and wait for your day in court. Don't go into battle then refuse to act.
You can still refuse an unlawful order in battle while in uniform. Inspite of your wrong opinion.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
A bit scary that you even know how to sign up for Al-Qaeda.

I can see all sorts of red flags going up next to your name in the NSA computers right now.

Expect to start seeing dark vans parked around your house soon.
Apparently you only need to join the US army or Air Force, I mean a war in Syria will be a war for AQ and the MB. Sounds allot like Libya and Egypt, doesn't it?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

They can't just leave. If they believe it's an unlawful order they don't have to obey it. However, they had better be damned sure they can win when they're brought up on charges for refusing to follow an order. However, no, there's no option of just leaving. It's not like a civilian job where you can just resign. That's called being absent without leave.

*edit*

Also, if it's in a war zone and you refuse to follow an order I believe your commanding officer can shoot you dead. I'll have to check on that though.

*edit*

Ok, I checked.

It's illegal to shoot someone for refusing to follow an order on the battlefield. However, refusing to follow an order during war could lead to a death sentence. It has to go through a military tribunal though.

I was wrong.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Tennessee
the congress is on recess until september 9th. that's plenty of time for the situation to become a big "NO" from congress for an attack on syria.