GOP Rep. Sean Duffy announces he’s resigning in order to help his family prepare for the birth of his special-needs daughter

Mar 2019
Texas
Rep. Sean Duffy announces he is resigning. https://www.facebook.com/RepSeanDuffy/posts/2336859069716297?sfnsw=cl …

10:36 AM - Aug 26, 2019

app-facebook

Congressman Sean Duffy
3 hours ago
Next to marrying Rachel, representing you – the people and families of Wisconsin’s 7th District - in Congress has been the highest honor of my life. Together, we have engaged in the most important battles of our time: protecting freedom of speech and religious liberty, taking care of our veterans, defending the unborn, and saving American jobs and American capitalism.
After eight and a half years, the time has come for me to focus more on the reason we fight these battles – ...
See More

Praying for the health of their unborn daughter and wishing the Duffy family the very best.

Jan 2019
southeast
Was bummed to hear this. They are a beautiful family and great to see him put his family first. Prayers are for his unborn daughter and the family.

Reactions: excalibur

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
This is a potential pickup for the Dems. In 2011, Duffy replaced** a House Democrat who had been in office since 1969.

** I previously said unseated, but this is inaccurate; Dave Obey retired before the election.

However, it's still a tall order; Duffy won more than 60 percent of the vote in 2018.

Most likely, he'll be replaced by another pro-Trump Republican without much adoo, which is why he feels comfortable resigning.

Assuming everything is as it seems, it is noble for him to quit now and focus on the needs of his family.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
This is a potential pickup for the Dems. In 2011, Duffy replaced** a House Democrat who had been in office since 1969.

** I previously said unseated, but this is inaccurate; Dave Obey retired before the election.

However, it's still a tall order; Duffy won more than 60 percent of the vote in 2018.

Most likely, he'll be replaced by another pro-Trump Republican without much adoo, which is why he feels comfortable resigning.

Assuming everything is as it seems, it is noble for him to quit now and focus on the needs of his family.
I would assume his family is his priority. One might argue something else had he squeaked by in 2018 but he didnt. It actually wouldnt surprise me to see if he or his wife get a better job after the birth of this child. I think they have 7 or maybe 8 kids and now this one with a heart defect. I wouldnt be too hard on them if they need to make more money and might find that elsewhere.

Jan 2019
southeast
I would assume his family is his priority. One might argue something else had he squeaked by in 2018 but he didnt. It actually wouldnt surprise me to see if he or his wife get a better job after the birth of this child. I think they have 7 or maybe 8 kids and now this one with a heart defect. I wouldnt be too hard on them if they need to make more money and might find that elsewhere.
This will be her 9th child. His wife use to be a Fox News Contributor. Not sure she is doing this as of lately