GOP Senator Bob Bennett Apologized to Muslims for Trump While on Deathbed.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

In the final days of his life, former Utah Republican Senator Bob Bennett turned to his son and asked him, "Are there any Muslims in this hospital?"

The question caught his son, Jim Bennett, off-guard. It felt like a non-sequitur, and he thought it may have had something to do with his father's recent stroke.

But Jim said his father, even after the stroke, was "sharp as a tack."

"So I was standing there with him in the hospital and out of nowhere he asked me, 'Are there any Muslims in this hospital?'" Jim Bennett told NBC News Wednesday evening. "I said, 'Yes, dad, I'm sure there are.'" Jim said of the conversation, which was first reported by the Daily Beast. "And he was very emotional and said, 'I want to go up to every single one of them and apologize, I want to go up to every single one of them and tell them how grateful I am that they are in this country and apologize on behalf of the Republican Party for Donald Trump.'"
GOP Senator Bob Bennett Apologized to Muslims for Trump While on Deathbed - NBC News

very, touching. BTW, the Bennett's are Mormons.

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
The left will run with any thing that even hints of a negative to Trump. They say they aren't scared, but the crap that is being spewed is showing otherwise. Its not the actions of a confident people.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Bennent has never liked Trump.

This is hardly shocking.
yeah, most people don't like bigots.

So , what's your point?

I'd say, if that was his death-bed pronouncement it has a lot more to do with just not liking Trump.

May 2012
By the wall
yeah, most people don't like bigots.

So , what's your point?

I'd say, if that was his death-bed pronouncement it has a lot more to do with just not liking Trump.
He came out against trump earlier than this. It's not like he changed his mind or something. I doubt this was the only thing he said, more than likely his son is overplaying it.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
The left will run with any thing that even hints of a negative to Trump. They say they aren't scared, but the crap that is being spewed is showing otherwise. Its not the actions of a confident people.
yeah, let's just pretend as if there isn't any criticism of Trump coming from Conservatives. Trump is being taken very seriously. Including, by liberals. So, go try to sell your tired partisan talking points some where else.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
He came out against trump earlier than this. It's not like he changed his mind or something. I doubt this was the only thing he said, more than likely his son is overplaying it.
who cares what you doubt? You weren't there.

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
yeah, let's just pretend as if there isn't any criticism of Trump coming from Conservatives. Trump is being taken very seriously. Including, by liberals. So, go try to sell your tired partisan talking points some where else.
Have you seen any Democrats against Hillary? Let me go look at how many threads you started on that matter.

No, I don't want to waste my time.

Desperate acts of desperate people. I get it. Who's the partisan?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Have you seen any Democrats against Hillary? Let me go look at how many threads you started on that matter.

No, I don't want to waste my time.

Desperate acts of desperate people. I get it. Who's the partisan?
fine, let's not either one of us being partisan. Wanna address the actual topic please without your partisan spin?