GOP Strategist - Republicans Hoping To Run Against Bernie Sanders

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I have to agree here. I do think Trump especially wants to run against Sanders. I also am expecting Trump to tell some out there to cross over in the primaries and vote for Sanders.

Jul 2014
midwest
A Sanders or Warren nomination would increase the likelihood of Trump's reelection.

Or, guarantee it, as a local political commentator says...

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
On tonight's 11th Hour show.
Rick Wilson, former GOP strategist, says that if Sanders is the nominee, Democrats will lose 45 states.
Sanders would win at least 20 states. There are far more of his supporters out there than let on to it willingly. Sorta like Trump.

Jul 2013
Ohio
I think Democrats have Sanders' number, the Democrat-of-Convenience.
He stirred up trouble for Hillary in the 2016 primaries and the general election.
He's stirring up trouble now in the 2020 primaries.
He should've never been allowed to enter the primaries.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think Democrats have Sanders' number, the Democrat-of-Convenience.
He stirred up trouble for Hillary in the 2016 primaries and the general election.
He's stirring up trouble now in the 2020 primaries.
He should've never been allowed to enter the primaries.
I suspect the DNC allowed it in 2020 so he wouldnt run third party? Had they told him no, he undoubtedly would have run as an indie. I dont think they wanted the risk. My question has been, if he should win the nomination, does he refuse it and run as an indie anyway? He has done that in Vermont.

Jul 2013
Ohio
I suspect the DNC allowed it in 2020 so he wouldnt run third party? Had they told him no, he undoubtedly would have run as an indie. I dont think they wanted the risk. My question has been, if he should win the nomination, does he refuse it and run as an indie anyway? He has done that in Vermont.
That's what I mean by Dems have his number. He can't be trusted. This will translate into much fewer primary votes. If we're going to pick an old guy, it will be Biden.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
That's what I mean by Dems have his number. He can't be trusted. This will translate into much fewer primary votes. If we're going to pick an old guy, it will be Biden.
But arent the same issues here in 2020 as in 2016? Will Sanders supporters vote for Biden? Or will they revolt? I was a bit surprised to see Sanders still retaining his support from 2016. I felt perhaps he would have lost quite a few.