GOP voters nominate another NAZI

Sep 2012
SoCal
49% of the vote in a 4-candidate race...

Hitler was right’: KC area winner of Missouri House primary leaves trail of bigotry
On his Monday morning radio show, Steve West promotes fanatical conspiracies about “Jewish cabals” that are “harvesting baby parts” through Planned Parenthood, that torture and molest children and that run the Republican Party.

On Tuesday he won the Republican primary for a Clay County seat in the Missouri House by nearly 25 points.

“Looking back in history, unfortunately, Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany. And who was behind it,” West said on a show on KCXL radio on Jan. 23, 2017.

West won the 15th District nomination in a four-candidate race. Besides his radio show, he also has a YouTube channel and a website. Donning a wig and fake beard and calling himself Jack Justice, he has unleashed an array of bigotry including homophobia, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia and outright racism.

...MORE...
The GOP just nominated ANOTHER goddamned Nazi
For all the furious denials from Republicans that they aren’t the chosen party of American neo-Nazis… they seem to keep choosing goddamned Nazis as their candidates:

[…]

The Missouri Republican Party, no doubt realizing with panic that they had once again allowed a fucking Nazi to win a nomination under their party’s name, issued this frantic statement:

[…]

Of course, we know that claim is not really that accurate, since this is just the latest example of the Republican Party nominating a Nazi during this mere election cycle.

Maybe… just maybe if Nazis have no place in your party, your voters could, you know, stop nominating them? Just a suggestion!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Nov 2006
I don't know what to say, other than: Wow.
Incredible! Republicans in MO elect a nazi and then the republican party in MO publishes this condemning the guy their party voted for.

“West’s abhorrent rhetoric has absolutely no place in the Missouri Republican Party or anywhere. We wholeheartedly condemn his comments,”

I'd say bullshit, Nazi's definitely have a place in the MO republican party, they just elected one!

Reactions: 2 people

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
I don't know what to say, other than: Wow.
From the KC Star article, his lovely commentary wasn’t publicized until AFTER the primary, so like the Dem incumbent stated, I’m hopeful that most of those who voted for him weren’t aware of his nuttiness when they voted. Surely some were though, and that’s disturbing. Clay County tends Dem I believe and the incumbent is a Dem, so hopefully that bodes well for November.

Reactions: 5 people
Nov 2006
From the KC Star article, his lovely commentary wasn’t publicized until AFTER the primary, so like the Dem incumbent stated, I’m hopeful that most of those who voted for him weren’t aware of his nuttiness when they voted. Surely some were though, and that’s disturbing. Clay County tends Dem I believe and the incumbent is a Dem, so hopefully that bodes well for November.
I see, republicans in MO are just too fucking stupid to realize they were voting for a Nazi until he just came right out and said it? I must say it certainly is comforting to see a self avowed republican saying "I believe the incumbent is a Dem, so hopefully that bodes well for November".

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
Steve West courted the reactionary racist vote and won this round. What’s disgusting is that there are voting blocs of right wing extremists with enough influence to make something like this happen.

#absurd

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
I see, republicans in MO are just too fucking stupid to realize they were voting for a Nazi until he just came right out and said it? I must say it certainly is comforting to see a self avowed republican saying "I believe the incumbent is a Dem, so hopefully that bodes well for November".
Who’s the “self-avowed Republican?”

Yes - some apparently are that stupid. But in a state rep race with 3003 votes total, with a dude who got 1485 of those and whose OPPONENTS didn’t even note was a nutter until after the race, I’m not going to fall all over myself to howl about it. I’m going to hope that now that this info is out there and the party has disavowed the guy, he’ll lose handily in the general.

Clay County is across the state from me so you’ll have to excuse me if I’m not intimately acquainted with its voter demographics. But given that the incumbent is a Dem, yes, I’m assuming it leans Dem.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Steve West courted the reactionary racist vote and won this round. What’s disgusting is that there are voting blocs of right wing extremists with enough influence to make something like this happen.

#absurd
Did he actually run on his Jewish conspiracy theories? Because it's not really realistic to expect primary voters to be familiar with his u tube library.

So before we judge these voters too harshly, I would like to know more about his actual campaign and what he presented to the voters there.

Reactions: 2 people

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Yet another danger of voting for a candidate based solely on the letter that appears after their name on the ballot.