Gotta say, I am highly amused by my fellow Californians

Jan 2014
California
Whining and complaining they may have to pay higher taxes....

Hmm, Californians pay the highest state income tax, sales tax of 9.75%, high property taxes, gas taxes just went up 12 cents/gallon to make California's gas tax the highest in the nation. State corporate taxes are the highest in the nation, making California's business climate the worst in the nation, yet nary a word about Sacramento wasting money.

Then the Congress talks about eliminating one deduction, and the whining is off the chart....

Gotta laugh, wot?

Oct 2017
south area

Hmm, Californians pay the highest state income tax, sales tax of 9.75%, high property taxes, gas taxes just went up 12 cents/gallon to make California's gas tax the highest in the nation. State corporate taxes are the highest in the nation, making California's business climate the worst in the nation, yet nary a word about Sacramento wasting money.

Then the Congress talks about eliminating one deduction, and the whining is off the chart....

Gotta laugh, wot?
Whatever happened to #CalExit?

Jul 2014
Border Fence

Gotta laugh, wot?
Have you ever been to Mississippi. Californians may complain about high taxes...but not many are moving to Mississippi.

Some have come to Texas in search of that elusive great place to live with lower taxes...but not many like the Heat, high humidity and cultural waste-land that Texans seem to enjoy.

Jan 2014
California
Have you ever been to Mississippi. Californians may complain about high taxes...but not many are moving to Mississippi.

Some have come to Texas in search of that elusive great place to live with lower taxes...but not many like the Heat, high humidity and cultural waste-land that Texans seem to enjoy.
Mr. Drone,

While I appreciate your need for non sequitur, what do you have to say about the top post?

By the by:

Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade. See where they went | The Sacramento Bee

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN

Yes I have been to Mississippi and CA I will take Mississippi any day. Better Roads, Ole Miss Campus is one of the most beautiful in the nation. Natchez Trace drive is one of the most beautiful drives in the US.. (I have to say Hwy 1 is too).

Sep 2012
California
my effective tax rate last year was 12% to the feds. My property tax is set at 1.1%. My california tax was sub-7% on six figure income. No complaints here.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Remember you cannot take the Deduction if you DO NOT ITEMIZE how many CA Itemize 12-20%

So every person in CA that did not itemize last year is getting a NEW 6,000 deduction.

Jul 2014
midwest

You are right.

They are moving to Nevada.