Gov Ron DeSantis (R) Wants to Raise Teacher Pay

Dec 2018
Florida
How do y’all feel? Especially those who are militantly opposed to this “Trump loving tool” as a friend of mine (raging South Florida liberal lol). He has been an odd pick for sure. But this is something I like. Especially as a conservative.

I am a fan. I know that it is hard to attract teachers. Pay is a big part of that.

Reactions: bajisima
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Good issue often difficult to do. Most states pay teachers out of budgets that come mostly from property tax. We raised all the teachers pay here over the last few years and now homeless groups and opioid rehab groups are saying that extra money could have been used for them. Its usually a never win scenario with funds.

Jun 2014
United States
I support any pay increase for public school teachers. That said, I'd prefer to see a pay raise for all teachers, rather than only providing an increase for the least experienced, lowest paid teachers.

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
How do y’all feel? Especially those who are militantly opposed to this “Trump loving tool” as a friend of mine (raging South Florida liberal lol). He has been an odd pick for sure. But this is something I like. Especially as a conservative.

I am a fan. I know that it is hard to attract teachers. Pay is a big part of that.

There's an old saying up here, don't know if it's made its way down there yet:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Florida has one of the worst public education systems in the country. Can you think of a better way to attract more qualified teachers?

That said, DeSantis is a moron, plain and simple.

Apr 2012

Florida has one of the worst public education systems in the country. Can you think of a better way to attract more qualified teachers?

More democrat hate. If was a democrat you would be praising him

Dec 2018
Florida

He seems to be doing alright as far as I’m concerned. Our education system here is plague by a few issues. One of the biggest is that we still have elected superintendents in the majority of our counties. Politics doesn’t belong in education. There is something ironic about letting a poorly educated group decide who should lead when it comes to educating.

Reactions: raj