Government shutdown becomes the longest in US history

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Government shutdown becomes the longest in US history
By Rachel Scott and Anne Flaherty

"The 22-day partial government shutdown became the longest shutdown in United States history, breaking a record from 1996 on Saturday."
"President Donald Trump and Congress continue to dispute funding for a wall at the southern border, a proposal backed by the president."
"On Friday, the closure tied the longest government shutdown in history, which stretched 21 days from December 1995 to January 1996 under President Bill Clinton. A November 1995 Washington Post/ABC News survey found that respondents put most of the blame on the Republican Congress instead of the Clinton administration."

###############################################################################################
As far as federal workers go, Trump might have just one word for them MUSH! But without getting paid it is hard to be motivated enough to go to work daily and many are now calling in sick during the Trump government shutdown. People are not there for their health. They need to work for their wages in order to pay their bills and support their family so you'll be seeing more and more federal workers holding up signs expressing their disgust at the current situation that Trump has brought on and now proudly owns.

Jan 2016
Colorado
"The current situation that Trump has brought on and now proudly owns."

Yes. Trump supporters will be PROUD of this. They will. Just thought I should emphasize that point, in case you were not certain about that, and were being ironic. They think this is 'good stuff'. They think this is Trump, keeping his promises. They think this is Trump, being a 'big man'. They think this is Trump, giving a spanking to the Democrats. They sent Trump to Washington, D.C., to 'blow up' the government. Now he is doing exactly that, and they think it is wonderful.

Nov 2015
UK
"The current situation that Trump has brought on and now proudly owns."

Yes. Trump supporters will be PROUD of this. They will. Just thought I should emphasize that point, in case you were not certain about that, and were being ironic. They think this is 'good stuff'. They think this is Trump, keeping his promises. They think this is Trump, being a 'big man'. They think this is Trump, giving a spanking to the Democrats. They sent Trump to Washington, D.C., to 'blow up' the government. Now he is doing exactly that, and they think it is wonderful.
I don't think many would be chuffed. Do you have a link to the statistics to this, to a poll? Or you just spewing the same old BORING lefty crap? The latter.

Why do you keep coming out with this immature crap?

Apr 2010
Oregon
Note how almost no one can tell.... perhaps we don’t need this many .gov employees
Uh I’m pretty sure all the government employees not getting paid can fucking tell

I can tell. My mom works for the forest service. She did not get paid . She also had her contract cut over a month short, so she lost a lot of money she was relying on.

I work for a university doing research. Everything is massively fucked up. There is a lot of collaboration with agencies like NOAA, the EPA and the NIH. Any projects involving them have had to be haulted. We can’t even get an email from any of them. If the shutdown continues much longer it could effect grants and funding. That would deprive even non federal workers of their paychecks.

I can’t imagine what it is like for those who work directly for the government having to go in every day (if working at all) having no idea when you will get paid.

Fun fact, the world does not revolve around you. Just because you personally can’t tell because you have not been in a position to do so doesn’t mean “no one” can tell. Guys like you think you have the right to determine whose livelihoods are “needed” despite having no idea how the government actually runs nor anything about the people actually doing the work.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
NYC
Uh I’m pretty sure all the government employees not getting paid can fucking tell

I can tell. My mom works for the forest service. She did not get paid . She also had her contract cut over a month short, so she lost a lot of money she was relying on.

I work for a university doing research. Everything is massively fucked up. There is a lot of collaboration with agencies like NOAA, the EPA and the NIH. Any projects involving them have had to be haulted. We can’t even get an email from any of them. If the shutdown continues much longer it could effect grants and funding. That would deprive even non federal workers of their paychecks.

I can’t imagine what it is like for those who work directly for the government having to go in every day (if working at all) having no idea when you will get paid.

Fun fact, the world does not revolve around you. Just because you personally can’t tell because you have not been in a position to do so doesn’t mean “no one” can tell. Guys like you think you have the right to determine whose livelihoods are “needed” despite having no idea how the government actually runs nor anything about the people actually doing the work.

Fun fact. I think our government is too big. Has nothing to do with the world revolving around me.