Grand Jury Indicts Jussie Smollett

Jul 2014
midwest
An interesting sub-story to these new breaking events regarding Smollett. The new special prosecutor (Dan Webb) is being accused by the State Attorney (Kim Foxx) of using the Smollett indictments to harm her re-election efforts. Her campaign even manages to inject Donald Trump's name into her protests. (It's the Chicago way...)

"In his statement, Webb said his investigation into the controversial way Foxx’s office handled the case is continuing, and that a final report would be issued to the court and Cook County Board of Commissioners.

Who is Dan Webb? Meet the special prosecutor appointed to the Jussie Smollett case. »

The Smollett case has become a flashpoint in Foxx’s reelection campaign, with all three of her primary challengers using it to attack her credibility. Her opponents on Tuesday immediately jumped at the news that Smollett had again been indicted, with some calling on Foxx to resign.

Foxx’s campaign issued a statement blasting the “James Comey-like timing” of Webb’s decision to bring the charges, noting there are only 35 days until the primary election.

Comey, a former FBI director, was criticized by many for allegedly affecting the 2016 presidential election by announcing a new investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails just days before voters went to the polls.

“(It) can only be interpreted as the further politicization of the justice system, something voters in the era of Donald Trump should consider offensive," Foxx’s statement read."

"The Chicago Way..."

Like in Al Capones day.

Corruption as far as the eye can see...

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
"The Chicago Way..."

Like in Al Capones day.

Corruption as far as the eye can see...
Well, in this case it may be that some corruption is going to get exposed. The States Attorney (Kim Foxx) has never provided a believable explanation as to why she earlier dropped all charges against Smollett.

One of the tasks of this special prosecutor (Dan Webb) is to also investigate the motives/actions of Kim Foxx.

Jul 2014
midwest
Well, in this case it may be that some corruption is going to get exposed. The States Attorney (Kim Foxx) has never provided a believable explanation as to why she earlier dropped all charges against Smollett.

One of the tasks of this special prosecutor (Dan Webb) is to also investigate the motives/actions of Kim Foxx.

Good.

She's probably crooked, too.

And, a friend of the Obamas, I think.

Jul 2014
midwest
Anyone ever hear the Dave Chappelle comic do his bit about Jussie?

I just heard it on local radio, and it was fantastic.

Dave calls him French actor Juicy Smol-LAY.

Funny as hell and right on point...

Apr 2014
Maryland
I think it is definitely racist for him, or anyone, to concoct a fake racial hate crime against another race.

How can that NOT be racist?

If he has money, a fine may not hurt him. or someone may pay the fine for him.

Or, a Go-Fund-Me might raise the funds for him.

He needs to be jailed for a while, anyway.

That way you know that HE is being punished...
I would rather see the tremendous cost of imprisoning go to a charity instead.I don’t want my tax dollars going there. What he did was despicable the same way somebody who makes a fire and says it was arson .
What he did was give fodder to racists who make him the norm