Grand Jury Indicts Jussie Smollett

Jul 2014
midwest
I would rather see the tremendous cost of imprisoning go to a charity instead.I don’t want my tax dollars going there. What he did was despicable the same way somebody who makes a fire and says it was arson .
What he did was give fodder to racists who make him the norm
I'd rather see him punished.

Just a fine doesn't guarantee that he's punished.

He was semi-famous and could have used his platform to make race relations better.

Instead, he chose to make them worse.

Jail time is the answer for him.

In there he can think about the error of his ways...

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Whut's corrupt about campaigning on the current state's attorney mishandling of the Smollett case?
The (potential) corruption is/was the actions of that current states attorney (Kim Foxx).

At least a portion of her "defense" is that the investigation is racist...and that she is being singled out because she is african american.

Lots more to come. It is a fascinating little scandal.

Babylon

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Jersey
He's back!

Justice is finally being served...maybe, hopefully.

Indicted today in Chicago on six counts for "false reports" over his fake racial hate crime.

Hopefully this scumbag will finally get what he deserves...
Agreed, fuck this guy..

Anybody who gives validity to Trumps narrative of unfair treatment hurts the entire nation..

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I'd rather see him punished.

Just a fine doesn't guarantee that he's punished.

He was semi-famous and could have used his platform to make race relations better.

Instead, he chose to make them worse.

Jail time is the answer for him.

In there he can think about the error of his ways...
If Smollett gets any jail time, the duration will likely be minimal. Which may be appropriate for a case like this....dunno.

But it would be nice if he at least went through a trial. And gets to live with a felony conviction if he is indeed proven guilty.

Jul 2014
midwest
If Smollett gets any jail time, the duration will likely be minimal. Which may be appropriate for a case like this....dunno.

But it would be nice if he at least went through a trial. And gets to live with a felony conviction if he is indeed proven guilty.

I agree that he probably shouldn't do a lot of time.

Just give him a taste so he'll know what it's like.

Maybe that would deter him from committing future crimes.

Just a fine may not hurt him at all.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
agreed... he should have never been let off the hook in the first place.
Jussie Smollett is the poster child for American Leftist Racism ...

Same Ol' Shit ....

Same Ol' Party of the KKK ....

Same Ol' Party of Jim Crowe .....

Same Ol' Party of Hillary Clinton and her self profess MENTOR James Byrd ....

Normal thinking Americans KNOW who these RACIST are ....

AND, will be voting accordingly .....

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Don't accuse me of playing dumb when you say stupid shit that doesn't make sense.

If he claimed his imaginary assailant was black, would that have been racist against black people?

No, but also probably wouldnt have claimed to be a victim of a racist hate crime!

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
No, but also probably wouldnt have claimed to be a victim of a racist hate crime!
So are you saying it was homophobic too since he claimed that it was motivated by homophobia? That’s the problem with your logic here. You want to claim that because he staged a fake crime involving imaginary racists, that the staging itself was necessarily racist. By that logic, the crime was also homophobic, because he also claimed the imaginary people assaulted him because he is gay.

I’m with you that it was a despicable thing to do, but the idea that it was itself racist is just nonsense. That’s just the game of “nuh uh—you are!” Accusing someone of being a racist (even if the person you are accusing doesn’t exist) doesn’t make you a racist. The other point it sounded like you were making was that because he claimed the person was white (as the vast majority of Trump supporters are- a far higher percentage than the percentage Americans) that he was racist for that, but that doesn't make much sense either. He was just saying what people would expect a Trump supporter to be, since he apparently wanted to be some kind of poster child example of an increase in hate crimes and right wing extremism caused by Trump. That was the underlying backstory of his appeal for sympathy and attention.

It's cynical and conniving, but it isn't itself racist, because Trump supporters are not a race, even if most of them are the same race. After all, if everyone was just completely gullible and fell for this charade, how would it reflect badly on white people who oppose Trump? To put it differently, if Dr. Know from Bad Brains made up that he was attacked by a couple White Power Skins after a show, but it turned out that it never happened and the whole thing was phony, would that necessarily make him racist, or just trying to stage an incident to make a group he didn't like look bad, and garner sympathy for himself?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
So are you saying it was homophobic too since he claimed that it was motivated by homophobia? That’s the problem with your logic here. You want to claim that because he staged a fake crime involving imaginary racists, that the staging itself was necessarily racist. By that logic, the crime was also homophobic, because he also claimed the imaginary people assaulted him because he is gay.

I’m with you that it was a despicable thing to do, but the idea that it was itself racist is just nonsense. That’s just the game of “nuh uh—you are!” Accusing someone of being a racist (even if the person you are accusing doesn’t exist) doesn’t make you a racist. The other point it sounded like you were making was that because he claimed the person was white (as the vast majority of Trump supporters are- a far higher percentage than the percentage Americans) that he was racist for that, but that doesn't make much sense either. He was just saying what people would expect a Trump supporter to be, since he apparently wanted to be some kind of poster child example of an increase in hate crimes and right wing extremism caused by Trump. That was the underlying backstory of his appeal for sympathy and attention.

It's cynical and conniving, but it isn't itself racist, because Trump supporters are not a race, even if most of them are the same race. After all, if everyone was just completely gullible and fell for this charade, how would it reflect badly on white people who oppose Trump? To put it differently, if Dr. Know from Bad Brains made up that he was attacked by a couple White Power Skins after a show, but it turned out that it never happened and the whole thing was phony, would that necessarily make him racist, or just trying to stage an incident to make a group he didn't like look bad, and garner sympathy for himself?

If one does a fake race crime it is every bit as bad as the racists in thier creation. I've explained why it's racist, like I said you don't have to agree but I guarntee you if you switched the color around there would be 20 threads on the racist fake hate crime