Great/Fun Movie Quotes

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
"I used to box for Oxford."
"Oh, yeah?" [____ quickly picks up ______'s gun, and points it at him] "I used to kill for the CIA."
A Fish Called Wanda

Reactions: Bad Bob

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
"Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall I say, more colorful metaphors-- "Double dumb-ass on you" and so forth."

"Ok, let's take it from the top."
"The top of what?"
"Name."
"My name?"
"No, my name!"
"I do not know your name."
"You play games with me mister, and you're through!"
"I am? May I go now?"
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Reactions: remington50

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
"Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall I say, more colorful metaphors-- "Double dumb-ass on you" and so forth."

"Ok, let's take it from the top."
"The top of what?"
"Name."
"My name?"
"No, my name!"
"I do not know your name."
"You play games with me mister, and you're through!"
"I am? May I go now?"
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

I've recently rediscovered Star trek (original series), haven't watched it since I was a kid and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now. I've been literally falling asleep on the couch every night to it.

I wish I knew how tf some of these shows came about, it's like they're awesome because of lazy writing or they're awesome by design, can't figure it out. One of my favorite episodes so far is The Corbomite Maneuver - Wikipedia. It uses this incredibly stressful music whenever they show the space buoy on screen, it's hilarious. Flash to space buoy *stressful music, flash to Kirk's face *no music, back to space buoy *stressful music.

Then by the end of the episode I'm completely over the Ship's navigator, his character is nails-on-chalkboard. So how do the writers deal with this? They give him away lol.

So anyway the other night I fall asleep to star trek and have a nightmare. In it, I'm in my back yard and it's pitch black, I'm struggling to see something in the darkness when something/someone appears swinging a chain at me helicopter style, I fall on my ass and start reverse crawling in terror.

Wake up literally gasping for breathe as though I just came up from being underwater for too long, and that Star trek stress music was playing on my tv lol.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
I've recently rediscovered Star trek (original series), haven't watched it since I was a kid and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now. I've been literally falling asleep on the couch every night to it.

I wish I knew how tf some of these shows came about, it's like they're awesome because of lazy writing or they're awesome by design, can't figure it out. One of my favorite episodes so far is The Corbomite Maneuver - Wikipedia. It uses this incredibly stressful music whenever they show the space buoy on screen, it's hilarious. Flash to space buoy *stressful music, flash to Kirk's face *no music, back to space buoy *stressful music.

Then by the end of the episode I'm completely over the Ship's navigator, his character is nails-on-chalkboard. So how do the writers deal with this? They give him away lol.

So anyway the other night I fall asleep to star trek and have a nightmare. In it, I'm in my back yard and it's pitch black, I'm struggling to see something in the darkness when something/someone appears swinging a chain at me helicopter style, I fall on my ass and start reverse crawling in terror.

Wake up literally gasping for breathe as though I just came up from being underwater for too long, and that Star trek stress music was playing on my tv lol.
"The Corbomite Maneuver" is one of the best ... most of the early ones were. You're right about that navigator ... so glad they got rid of him. Too bad the First Federation and the Fesarius never came back, but ST didn't do story arcs back then (though at least we saw one "villain" more than once).

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

"I only work in outer space."
The Voyage Home again. I couldn't resist.

Reactions: Bad Bob

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida

Lie on the couch: Do you have these dreams often?