Greta Thunberg suggests protesters should break the law

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds like Greta is a little tyrant in her home and is ruling the roost. Could you imagine if one of your kids told you to quit your job? I would have laughed in her face and told her she would have to give up her sweet 16 car, designer clothes, and after school activities if I quit my job. LOL
Her grandfather was a famous actor and director. So she has money. Her parents wouldnt have put up with it if they werent.

Reactions: HCProf

CtC

Mar 2019
California
Parents can't control what a teenager says. They have minds of their own and some are stubborn as hell. When I was 16, I wanted to follow a rock band around the world. In college, I wanted to be Dead Head and follow the Grateful Dead. Thank goodness, no one took me seriously or I reacted upon it. LOL Greta is focused on something meaningful....at her age, I was only focused on softball, beer, and boys. :)
That is more meaningful than being scared of the current Boogerman. ie--The Weather.--- The Dead? Musta seen them 30 times. Best group ever.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Where is the government's mind currently?
Currently set on a "deal", which is worse than one they turned down three times before, but gets them out of requesting a mandated further extension, pending a general election. Their strategy would seem to be that by failing to agree a formal withdrawal agreement with the EU in the forthcoming year, they can crash the UK out with No Deal, in December 2020.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Agreed on all points.

What gets me are those who protected Nickie Sandmann, a 17 year old, but demonized a 16 year old Swedish school girl. Sad.
Ridiculous comparison. Sandman wasn't lecturing the world, accusing everyone who disagreed with her as being immature, scared and literally sacrificing civilization itself for personal luxury . Her speech was as arrogant and stupid a thing as anything I've witnessed. If someone is going to thrust themselves into the political limelight and criticize much of the world as being selfish cowards simply because they aren't willing to give up their primary source of energy to make her happy then be prepared for some criticism in return, as you certainly earned it.

Sandman on the other hand merely attended a pro-life rally and grinned when some drug-addled fool got in his face drumming and was then savaged and smeared by the media with lies.

So what's actually "sad" here are you silly attempts to construct hypocrisies out of thin air. This seems to be an ongoing trend with you as well I've noticed. You really should just stop trying to play the hypocrisy card on here because in all honesty you're terrible at it.

CtC

Mar 2019
California
She seems to be a little on the nasty side, after watching her interview at the UN. I bet she is a real treat if she doesn't get her own way. :)
Reminds me of "Rhoda" in The Bad Seed.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
She seems to be a little on the nasty side, after watching her interview at the UN. I bet she is a real treat if she doesn't get her own way. :)
Spoiled is the word. Most people dont have the luxury to not fly as businesses often require it. Imagine telling your boss you cant fly because of the climate??? I would be fired so fast.

Reactions: HCProf

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Currently set on a "deal", which is worse than one they turned down three times before, but gets them out of requesting a mandated further extension, pending a general election. Their strategy would seem to be that by failing to agree a formal withdrawal agreement with the EU in the forthcoming year, they can crash the UK out with No Deal, in December 2020.
I would think the support for that would be kind of tenuous and easily turned by protest... or is everyone there just so sick of hearing the word Brexit that they are ready to Guy Fawkes the whole thing?

Sep 2013
On a hill
Sounds like Greta is a little tyrant in her home and is ruling the roost. Could you imagine if one of your kids told you to quit your job? I would have laughed in her face and told her she would have to give up her sweet 16 car, designer clothes, and after school activities if I quit my job. LOL
Apparently Greta isnt interested in designer clothes, or a car.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Spoiled is the word. Most people dont have the luxury to not fly as businesses often require it. Imagine telling your boss you cant fly because of the climate??? I would be fired so fast.
In an interview I heard, she acknowledged that, and counted herself as fortunate to be able.