Greta Thunberg suggests protesters should break the law

Nov 2013
NY
so the ultra rich like greta thinks its cool to deprive poor people the means to make thier living?

and to do it on mass commuters on an electric train? Wtf?
oh you drama queen.. ONE day there's a disruption by some protesters to some commuters, and you make it sound as if the world came to a stop.
remember the disruption of your work day on 9/11 ?
remember the disruption of commute in London when there was a bomb attack ?
ever seen the disruption of the NYC public transport, DAILY, based on MTA's incompetence ?

Give me a break, none of these folks have or will lose their job over it, and they took them protesters in their own hands eventually anyways.

Drama queen.

Reactions: labrea
Sep 2013
On a hill
so the brotish working class are to be agitated by middle and upper clas, 1%er protesters?
Who do you think the Sons of Liberty were?

Boston
New York City
Other

Sep 2013
On a hill
Those kids can though, and do.
I have had Greta's rally very few weeks back here in NYC, just 2 blocks from my office, right at the very congested (especially Fridays) Holland Tunnel.
I was able to get TO work.. and I was able to get back from work... didn't see the rally (friend of mine did and posted pictures from HIS office, also had no issues getting in and out of work).
In Europe these protests are much larger than in the US, anyways.
Yet no one of my friends and family in Europe has at any time mentioned any disruption to their work or private lives because of Greta Thunberg, climate strikes or Friday rallies.
Reno,NV has many events that just about make it impossible to get from one end of town to another. Because they produce economic activity, no one attempts to shut them down no matter how disruptive they are to residents trying to carry on with their normal lives.

Reactions: NeoVsMatrix

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
Who do you think the Sons of Liberty were?

Boston
New York City
Other

Did they harass the hoi poloi? Stop thier day to day?

the comparison is idiotic.

Reactions: Kallie Knoetze

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
oh you drama queen.. ONE day there's a disruption by some protesters to some commuters, and you make it sound as if the world came to a stop.
remember the disruption of your work day on 9/11 ?
remember the disruption of commute in London when there was a bomb attack ?
ever seen the disruption of the NYC public transport, DAILY, based on MTA's incompetence ?

Give me a break, none of these folks have or will lose their job over it, and they took them protesters in their own hands eventually anyways.

Drama queen.

Shove your personal attacks....

But I love how you just equated terrorists with greta. Hahahaha

oh and I dont do mass transit. Towncars. ;)

Apr 2018
oregon
Greta Thunberg has told Extinction Rebellion (XR) protesters that they should consider breaking the law so they can continue their demonstrations.

Police this week imposed a section 14 order on XR, meaning any group of two or more people linked to the group’s Autumn Uprising is banned. The move, which was taken after Londoners began to grow irritated by the disruption on the streets, was swiftly condemned by human rights groups and London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Now, teenage climate change campaigner Greta has suggested XR protestors continue on regardless.

She said: “If standing up against the climate and ecological breakdown and for humanity is against the rules then the rules must be broken.”

Her comments come on the day that commuters at Canning Town angrily fought back against XR protesters who had climbed on top of a tube during rush hour. Video footage from the scene showed people on the platform pull protesters down by their feet, leading to scuffles in the crowd and eight arrests.

XR were condemned for their tactics and no organisers have said they will "take stock" over whether to continue with future disruption to the transport network.

She's an idiot. Hopefully she gains some real world perspective when she grows up.

Nov 2013
NY
Shove your personal attacks....

But I love how you just equated terrorists with greta. Hahahaha

oh and I dont do mass transit. Towncars. ;)
Driving around in town cars gives you plenty of time to be a drama queen over topics that don't affect you directly in the least.
I get it, people need hobbies, and not every hobby has to be a good one.

Reactions: Dangermouse
Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
Do really think Brexit is going to happen? It seems like it has been tossed around for years and still nothing. I doubt Brexit will happen at all.
It's an emotional roller coaster.I hope it will never happen, but there are times of deep despair when it seems impossible to avoid it. Not having a convenient Irish relative, we've seriously discussed moving back to Scotland should it happen, so we can rejoin Europe when Independence takes place as the Union (of the crowns) breaks up.

Reactions: HCProf and labrea
Nov 2013
NY
It's an emotional roller coaster.I hope it will never happen, but there are times of deep despair when it seems impossible to avoid it. Not having a convenient Irish relative, we've seriously discussed moving back to Scotland should it happen, so we can rejoin Europe when Independence takes place as the Union (of the crowns) breaks up.
With the new deal they got from EU now, at least Johnson has saved his face for a moment there.
now it will be up to the UK parliament, are they gonna give him this vote now, since the "no deal" Brexit is off the table, or do they use their objection to block it again ?
Then, it would be a looong road, probably not at all.

So, either October 31, or there might be another referendum, new elections etc...

We'll know soon. parliament vote will be tomorrow, Saturday.