Guantanamo Bay

Z

Zarathustra

We give them 3 hot meals a day, we provide korans for them, we put an arrow on the floor of their cell pointing towards mecca, we let them go out side to excercise, wtf are we doing wrong!??! People are bitching about our interrogation technniques, IF THEIR SO FUCKING SMART HOW ABOUT YOU TELL US WHAT TECHNIQUES WE CAN USE!??!

sorry, but after i saw a story about how cindy sheehan is in cuba protesting the prison, calling for a lifting on the embargo to cuba, and when asked to do so, will not even aknowledge that Castro is commiting human rights violations on his own ppl i just got mad and had to type this.Our GITMO looks like the fucking Hilton compared to HIS torture chambers. Can SOMEONE tell me wtf are we doing wrong??WHY are we the fucking bad guys and not him??

R
I think the objection is that those men are being held on dubious and unexplained ground without trial. Its called justice, and it shouldn't just be reserved for Americans.

And i think you guys are seen as the bad guys because your more important and with power comes repsonsibility. Not to mention that you guys are very proud of your ideals of justice, freedom etc but here we see human rights and justice being abused.

Z

Zarathustra

On THAT they may have a case to make. But they cannot bitch about how we handle the prisoners they are treated with humanley and decently.

Z

Zarathustra

Also remember that although this is not an official war, war was not declared however it IS a war none the less and in war sometimes the rules change. If you recall your history in our civil war, Lincoln suspended habeous corpus as he had the authority to do since it was a rebellion, this case is different however the enemy is much harder to find this time and you cannot always get a warrant. We lost 3000 ppl on 9/11 and im not using that to justify our actions but merley say that terrorsit can launch stunningly powerful attacks sometimes so you gotta change the rules of the game to deal with them.

R
On THAT they may have a case to make. But they cannot bitch about how we handle the prisoners they are treated with humanley and decently.
I think the fact that you torture them adds insult to injury. Your not just holding them illegaly in these peoples eyes. Your then toturing them as well.

I would say that torture is an uncivilised practise, and so would many others and to see a suposedly civilised nation quite openly torturing people in any form is bound to be a target for criticism.

R
Also remember that although this is not an official war, war was not declared however it IS a war none the less and in war sometimes the rules change. If you recall your history in our civil war, Lincoln suspended habeous corpus as he had the authority to do since it was a rebellion, this case is different however the enemy is much harder to find this time and you cannot always get a warrant. We lost 3000 ppl on 9/11 and im not using that to justify our actions but merley say that terrorsit can launch stunningly powerful attacks sometimes so you gotta change the rules of the game to deal with them.
True, but i have never believed that abandoning your ideals because someone who wants to destroy your ideals might kill you has ever been a sensible thing to do.

I have felt that America over reacts to threats, ie Iraq. and i believe gutanomo to be another case. There seem to be at least a few cases where the person in gutanomo was innocent or has rather dubious charges placed against him and i could find it quite probable that America continues to detain men because they consider that they could be a threat but the likelyhood of them actually being a threat is ridiculously low

Z

Zarathustra

I think the fact that you torture them adds insult to injury. Your not just holding them illegaly in these peoples eyes. Your then toturing them as well.

I would say that torture is an uncivilised practise, and so would many others and to see a suposedly civilised nation quite openly torturing people in any form is bound to be a target for criticism.

Holy shit just when i thought you were one of the sane ones. Back up your statements with examples. Put up or shut up.

R
Holy shit just when i thought you were one of the sane ones. Back up your statements with examples. Put up or shut up.
There have been numerous reports of Interrogations that use "light" torture methods. Do you disagree that these happen then?

Z

Zarathustra

I said give an example. Your not giving one i want a specific example. And further more,if you dont like OUR methods why dont YOU suggest one. Or do you want us to ask them politley to divulge their info?

General Sherman of the American Civil War once said: "War is cruel and you cannot refine it"

R
I said give an example. Your not giving one i want a specific example. And further more,if you dont like OUR methods why dont YOU suggest one. Or do you want us to ask them politley to divulge their info?

General Sherman of the American Civil War once said: "War is cruel and you cannot refine it"
AM - Claims of torture in Guantanamo Bay

Channel 4 - Torture

Guantánamo Bay - Amnesty International

Guantánamo Bay detainment camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now just look at the picture, is this how men who have not be confirmed as terroists should be treated??

The methods used consitute as torture, and when used on men who cannot be proved to be dangerous and some have proved Not to be terroists (some have been released) there is only one word for it. Barbaric, and it is disgusting that a nation that prides itself on such high ideals stoops to such a thing.

Will these men even present any new information after 4-5 years? whats the point of holding them so long, the evidence against some of them seems very flimsy

(recently the story of a man who is held in Gitmo because he was carrying a battery charger in his bag)