Gunmen attack Kabul's Intercontinental Hotel - Afghan official

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
And who the hell is staying in this hotel??? I can't imagine there would be any tourists in Afghanistan... lol

Sep 2016
My own world
Lets just Nuke Afghanistan already, I'm tired of the place. Let the whole dame area glow in the dark.
the death toll was over 30 and might climb higher. The dead included hotel staff and guests as well as members of the security forces who fought the attackers.

All five attackers were also killed, interior ministry spokesman Najib Danesh said.
The raid was the latest in a series of attacks that have underlined the city's vulnerability and the ability of militants to mount high-profile operations aimed at undermining confidence in the Western-backed government.
More than 150 guests were able to flee as parts of the building caught fire, with some shimmying down sheets tied together and dropped from upper-floor windows and others rescued by Afghan forces.
Local airline Kam Air said around 40 of its pilots and air crew, many of whom are foreigners, were staying in the hotel and as many as 10 had been killed. Local media reports said the dead included Venezuelans and Ukrainians.
Zamari Kamgar, the airline's deputy director, said it was still trying to locate staff.

The Taliban, which attacked the same hotel in 2011, claimed responsibility for the attack, its spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in a statement.
A statement from the interior ministry put the blame on the Haqqani network, a group affiliated with the Taliban that is notorious for its attacks on urban targets.

Last edited:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
In Russian language media I have read of at least 6 people dead from ex-USSR: 5 Ukrainians and a guy from Kazakhstan. :(

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Lets just Nuke Afghanistan already, I'm tired of the place. Let the whole dame area glow in the dark.
If we nuke every place suffering from violence and lawlessness, we will end up destroying the whole world...

Jan 2018
Winnipeg, Canada
Can't win the Afghanistan war ... Russia (USSR) couldn't ... The US won't.

Quite dumb of Trump, me thinks, to continue military presence there ... but not really surprising, since installation of all those generals etc in the US .gov.

So it goes on ... and the Warmongers rejoice :)