(GW at #64) Who's "war crimes" are worse? Eddie Gallagher's or John KErry's?

Who's "war crimes" are worse? Eddie Gallagher's or John KErry's?

• Eddie's

• John "F."s

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.

John Kerry:

SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions .....

Eddie Gallagher:

Posed with dead terrorists...

Please Vote and explain your answer.

CtC

Mar 2019
California

John Kerry:

SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions .....

Eddie Gallagher:

Posed with dead terrorists...

Please Vote and explain your answer.
Killing terrorist murderers is not a crime.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
CPO Edward Gallagher has been convicted of violating Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. As of 2:44 p.m CST Nov. 25, 2019, that conviction stands.

If, as seems likely, Gallagher's political allies arrange for his pardoning of this war crime, namely abuse of the dead on the battlefield, he will still have committed it.

The U.S. government, in its infinite wisdom, will just have chosen to forgive him for it.

Article 134 is the U.S. enforcement of the Geneva Conventions, which determine what are and what are not war crimes, regarding the CRIME of abusing the dead on the battlefield.

John Kerry is completely irrelevant to this offense, but if he is tried and convicted of a crime, sure, that crime might be worse than Gallagher's. We'll just have to see.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
CPO Edward Gallagher has been convicted of violating Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. As of 2:44 p.m CST Nov. 25, 2019, that conviction stands.

If, as seems likely, Gallagher's political allies arrange for his pardoning of this war crime, namely abuse of the dead on the battlefield, he will still have committed it.

The U.S. government, in its infinite wisdom, will just have chosen to forgive him for it.

Article 134 is the U.S. enforcement of the Geneva Conventions, which determine what are and what are not war crimes, regarding the CRIME of abusing the dead on the battlefield.

John Kerry is completely irrelevant to this offense, but if he is tried and convicted of a crime, sure, that crime might be worse than Gallagher's. We'll just have to see.

You claimed to have served. an Article 134 is a catchall for anything the military deems actionable whether judicial or non judicial. please address the topic of the thread. not dismiss the half you don't want to discuss.

Article 134 is NOT the "enforcement of the geneva conventions" that is something you made up.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
You claimed to have served. an Article 134 is a catchall for anything the military deems actionable whether judicial or non judicial. please address the topic of the thread. not dismiss the half you don't want to discuss.

Article 134 is NOT the "enforcement of the geneva conventions" that is something you made up.
I absolutely did not! "I have not always been a civilian." That is all I have told you, and that is all I will say. Think about your words before you post them, dangit.

The conviction of Gallager is under Article 134, as it pertains in this case to the abuse of the dead on the battlefield, not sure what's confusing about this.

Sep 2012
California
Kerry merely stated what was military practice at the time. Lt Calley got caught, the other soldiers who likely did similar things did not. If you try Kerry, then try all of them. Dig into Nam until you find every last soldier that did something wrong. Go up the chain of command, investigate every battle, every order, every commander, every politician. Or, you can do as all of have done since it ended, get on with life and swear to ourselves that we will never have a war like that again. But we did didnt' we? We killed tens of thousands of Iraqis did we not? Blew them up with shock and awe, covered it like it was a game show, waved our flags and enlisted in droves to kill people who had nothing to do with 9-11. Yes, we did that and we even blasted some singers who dared to tell us we were wrong. But we won't revisit that war because if we did, Cheney and Bush and Condi and maybe even Powell would be in jail. So, we ignore it all and now our President wants to pardon, has pardoned, another war criminal. Same old story, war is good, it makes us feel like Muricans. Isn't this just so MAGA?

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
I absolutely did not! "I have not always been a civilian." That is all I have told you, and that is all I will say. Think about your words before you post them, dangit.

The conviction of Gallager is under Article 134, as it pertains in this case to the abuse of the dead on the battlefield, not sure what's confusing about this.

Ah so you inferred military service in the past, now you are saying you haven't. Don't do that, it's not cool.

You make false claims. an article 134 is a general article that encompases exactly what it says. Not specifically the geneva conventions.

Still not talking about kerry I see.

I guess you didn't want to discuss this.

Ok, off you go then,