H.R. 5087: Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

Nov 2008
Washington state
A BILL
To regulate the importation, manufacture, possession, sale or transfer of assault weapons, and for other purposes.
1.Short title
This Act may be cited as the Assault Weapons Ban of 2018.2.Definitions
(a)In general
Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended—(1)by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:(30)The term semiautomatic pistol means any repeating pistol that—(A)utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and(B)requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
(31)The term semiautomatic shotgun means any repeating shotgun that—(A)utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and(B)requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
; and

(2)by adding at the end the following:(36)The term semiautomatic assault weapon means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:(A)A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:(i)A pistol grip.(ii)A forward grip.(iii)A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.(iv)A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.(v)A barrel shroud.(vi)A threaded barrel.(B)A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr5087/text. There is a complete list of proposed guns to be banned on this link. Basically all semi auto guns are assault weapons now and if you have one and this law passes you will be a criminal. This is a Democrat sponsored bill. Seems like I just heard Democrats weren’t after our guns

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
A BILL
To regulate the importation, manufacture, possession, sale or transfer of assault weapons, and for other purposes.
1.Short title
(a)In general
Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended—(1)by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:(30)The term semiautomatic pistol means any repeating pistol that—(A)utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and(B)requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
(31)The term semiautomatic shotgun means any repeating shotgun that—(A)utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and(B)requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
; and

(2)by adding at the end the following:(36)The term semiautomatic assault weapon means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:(A)A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:(i)A pistol grip.(ii)A forward grip.(iii)A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.(iv)A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.(v)A barrel shroud.(vi)A threaded barrel.(B)A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr5087/text. There is a complete list of proposed guns to be banned on this link. Basically all semi auto guns are assault weapons now and if you have one and this law passes you will be a criminal. This is a Democrat sponsored bill. Seems like I just heard Democrats weren’t after our guns
Not sure if I'm for this or not. But read the first line. No one is after either your or my guns.

Nov 2013
NY
A BILL
1.Short title
(a)In general
; and

That's what we tell you.. to make you feel safe.. and then we "snatch" it from you before you even know what's going on.
I also heard Christians will be first to have their guns confiscated, yet all Dems can keep theirs.

And gays. All gays are allowed to keep their guns, no matter what religion or party they belong to.

bakers.. no more guns for bakers.. well, we know why...

Apr 2015
Katmandu
It is certainly good news for the GOP that the Dems have put up this radical bill to ban the most popular rifles and handguns in the nation.

Plenty of election fodder.