Happy 4th of July Republicans!!

Jan 2012
New Jersey
If you are traveling this 4th of July I am sure you will enjoy the lower gas prices. But don't thank Obama, after all he had nothing to do with it, right? Just like when prices were rising, right? And don't forget that the Keystone Pipeline had nothing to do with rising gas prices, right? Well, happy 4th to all!!

Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
Almost a one dollar drop in a little over a month here in Oregon.
We are being drowned out with all of the righties constantly talking about this issue.
When they see certain improvements in our economic situation they just can't help but heap praises and be thankful that it is happening.
They thrive on the positives.

Sep 2009
Here in Texas, we're getting close to dropping below $3.00.

However, I don't think any of this has to do with the pipeline, or the president in power, or any of that distractionary bullshit. It's all peak oil, and this is how it happens. Oil shocks. Prices rise sharply, and then dip, and then rise higher than before, and then dip, but the long-term average price continues to rise.

Oct 2010
Link? When was the last time they dropped almost a full dollar in less than 5 weeks?
Look it up yourself.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...

Once you figure that out yourself, then the real question is why. Political motivation is the obvious answer but I think there's more to it than that.

Czernobog

Former Staff
Dec 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Almost a one dollar drop in a little over a month here in Oregon.
We are being drowned out with all of the righties constantly talking about this issue.
When they see certain improvements in our economic situation they just can't help but heap praises and be thankful that it is happening.
They thrive on the positives.
You do know that it is possible for a person's head to explode, due to sarcastic overload, right GD?

Oct 2010
Really?!?! Is that accurate? I have never noticed that pattern...
Here's an 8-year chart, best I can muster from this website:

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com Average&city2=&city3=&crude=n&tme=96&units=us

It covers basically 3 elections but if you could dig up a chart that goes back further, you'll see a drop in gas prices starting around the summer before each election for the last I dunno - several elections prior.

edit: that site's chart link fucking sucked, you'll have to click the 8-year option.