Happy Chanukah

May 2012
By the wall
What difference does it make?
Have you ever taken a linguistics class?

How people write can tell a lot about their motivations. Using a relatively unknown spelling not usually used in society can have a variety of meanings. Its like if someone uses Viet Minh instead of Vietcong you would know that they are probably very informed about the Vietnam War as opposed to common knowledge.

Jan 2015
Florida
Have you ever taken a linguistics class?

How people write can tell a lot about their motivations. Using a relatively unknown spelling not usually used in society can have a variety of meanings. Its like if someone uses Viet Minh instead of Vietcong you would know that they are probably very informed about the Vietnam War as opposed to common knowledge.
I speak three languages and was a linguist at the Pentagon. I believe I'm well informed regarding language.

I'm more concerned with why you're trying to derail the thread.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I was once corrected by a Jewish friend who told me this was the proper way to spell it. I have done so ever since out of respect for him. Thanx, [MENTION=23697]Ian Jeffrey[/MENTION].
Technically, you can spell it with just the "H," but you need a dot under it to indicate the "ch" sound in Chanukah. That's why the "c" is there. :)

May 2012
By the wall
I speak three languages and was a linguist at the Pentagon. I believe I'm well informed regarding language.

I'm more concerned with why you're trying to derail the thread.
I am not trying to derail the thread, I was answering your question.

If you do not want answers then don't ask them.