Harris Pulls Ahead of Biden in New California Poll.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
SAN FRANCISCO — Home-state Senator Kamala Harris has seized the top spot from Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Elizabeth Warren is fast gaining traction in delegate-rich California, according to a new Quinnipiac University Poll released Wednesday.
The latest Quinnipiac California poll shows Harris leading among 2020 presidential hopefuls, with 23 percent of California Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters now behind her — surging six points since the last Quinnipiac survey in April. Biden, at 21 percent, has lost five points in that same period.
snip...
The Quinnipiac poll was conducted from July 10–15 of 1,125 California voters with an overall margin of error of +/- 3.9 percentage points. The survey includes 519 Democrats and Democratic leaners with a margin of error of +/- 5.7 percentage points.
Harris, Warren surge in new California poll
Link to poll data....QU Poll Release Detail

This is good for Harris. It's one poll conducted by Quinnipiac ( yeah I know ). But, she needs California if she has any shot at winning the nomination. Actually, it's going to be pretty difficult for anyone to win the nomination without wining California. Yes. I know it's one poll. Yes. It's still early. But, this is still a big deal.

Admit it.
That's why you're here.

Reactions: BitterPill
Jun 2014
United States
I saw that this morning. Seems she has strong support in her home state.

Harris - 23%
Biden - 21%
Sanders - 18%
Warren - 16%
Buttigieg - 3%
Yang - 2%

Looks like the top 4 have separated themselves from the pack. The margin of error for this poll is plus or minus 3.9%.

The poll also asked about electability. These are the responses for "Has the best chance to beat President Donald Trump":

Biden - 45%
Sanders - 12%
Harris - 11%
Warren - 8%

Reactions: the watchman