Harry Reid to undergo eye surgery next week

Apr 2011
Under your skin
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid will undergo surgery on his right eye next week after doctors determined it is a "necessary step to assist in recovering full vision" after an accident suffered while exercising, his office announced Wednesday.
The statement said Reid is expected to be released from the hospital quickly after the operation, but will need to remain home for several days to minimize strain on the injured eye. It provided no details about the nature of the surgery.

The 75-year-old Reid was not in his office Wednesday, although on Tuesday he made his first appearance in the Capitol since the accident.

Reid to undergo eye surgery next week

Perhaps while he is in the hospital, a qualified medical professional can explain to Reid what happened in November.

Apparently the State of the Union speech put Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid in the mood for bipartisanship … provided it’s Republicans doing the aisle-crossing.

He posted following tweet after the speech:
There is still plenty of time for Republicans to change course and work with Democrats. I hope they will seize that opportunity.
— Senator Harry Reid (@SenatorReid) January 21, 2015

Says the guy who's been blocking hundreds of minority bills for years. Harry, You lost. The impetus for course changing is on you.

Reactions: 1 person

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
I hope he gets all of his vision back.

I may dog the old fella, but, he is a tough cookie.

I figure he will come through this, fine.....

Best of luck to him.

May 2013
Banned Camp Segregation Unit
Tsk, tsk.

I thought these sorts of personal attacks were verboten!
Fuck 'em - every one of his posts are a personal attack, if not outright, then in a pussy-ass passive-aggressive manner. I've lost all patience with simpletons.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Fuck 'em - every one of his posts are a personal attack, if not outright, then in a pussy-ass passive-aggressive manner. I've lost all patience with simpletons.
Hmmmm....

As personal attacks, this:

I hope he is well enough to retire.
is rather lame.

Especially for the blast of insult you delivered at him.

Am I going to have to give you lessons on insult and personal attacks [MENTION=16673]meridian5455[/MENTION] ????

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
[tb]vikingbeast has been banned from this thread. Please do not respond to his posts.[/tb]