Has a white person ever picked a piece of fruit?

May 2012
By the wall
It seems it was either the Indians bringing it to them, or their slaves doing it or their Mexican laborers who provided them with their fruit.

Even Eve wasn't white so she doesn't count either.

Has anyone ever actually seen a white person pick fruit?

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
You mean IN AMERICA, yes? lol

Because in my old homeland, Abkhazia, in Caucasus, that is exactly how vast majority of folks make a living, grow and pick mandarins and sell them in Russia across the border, the men working the farms

the women selling on the markets, usually

Of course, the Russians don't really see us as "white", per se. In fact, they call us Caucasians chernozhopye ("dark asses") haha

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
It seems it was either the Indians bringing it to them, or their slaves doing it or their Mexican laborers who provided them with their fruit.

Even Eve wasn't white so she doesn't count either.

Has anyone ever actually seen a white person pick fruit?

Yes.
Americans used to pick our own fruit, white Americans, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans once picked fruit. We could again. In fact, we may have to as it becomes more and more difficult for illegals to come from Mexico. We could, of course, raise the wages, and/or make it possible for people from Mexico and Central America to come here legally to work.

But, that would take a functioning Congress.

BTW, I'm white. I've picked peaches and grapes.

Nothing worse than peaches. You're up and down a ladder all day, and covered in peach fuzz.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Yes.
Americans used to pick our own fruit, white Americans, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans once picked fruit. We could again. In fact, we may have to as it becomes more and more difficult for illegals to come from Mexico. We could, of course, raise the wages, and/or make it possible for people from Mexico and Central America to come here legally to work.

But, that would take a functioning Congress.

BTW, I'm white. I've picked peaches and grapes.

Nothing worse than peaches. You're up and down a ladder all day, and covered in peach fuzz.
Oooo ooo ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

My God yes. Pick my own fruit and picked raspberries as a summer job ('cuz I had an "in" with the owner!).
It's fun until it isn't, which is about 40minutes.

NOOB ALERT edit.. Sorry, seems I should have posted on the OP. Well, we can deal, ne's pas?