has anyone else noticed an unusual volume of computer virus attacks today?

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
My anti-virus program is working overtime today! So far I've been online for three hours this morning, and I've had over 30 viral events. That's very unusual. Is anyone else noticing anything like this?

Aug 2012
My anti-virus program is working overtime today! So far I've been online for three hours this morning, and I've had over 30 viral events. That's very unusual. Is anyone else noticing anything like this?
that was just me. I have no interest in the others

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
that was just me. I have no interest in the others
:)

I just got one about two minutes ago, I was trying to watch a Boston video on some site called hollywood-somethin'-or-other, and I got attacked by "Fake AV Download Toolkit V.2". :f_laugh:

I don't think it's you. More like it's the Chinese. :smiley_big_grin:

Aug 2012
:)

I just got one about two minutes ago, I was trying to watch a Boston video on some site called hollywood-somethin'-or-other, and I got attacked by "Fake AV Download Toolkit V.2". :f_laugh:

I don't think it's you. More like it's the Chinese. :smiley_big_grin:
perhaps I am the chinese

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Evidently Wordpress has a huge hack right now and they are being hacked, DDos'd and everything under the sun. The news says protect your UN/PW but it appears to be quite more substantial than just brute force.

Since a lot of website use WordPress, and I mean A LOT, this appears to be a part of a myriad of problems cropping up from FBI/fake Anti-virus scare-ware to full-on server takeovers.

And remember, if you get a virus from an advertisement, it may not be the site but the ad's source, which may be controlled by a WordPress website.

Also remember, if a service of yours has been hacked, such as AT&T, Sprint.com, ILikeBigButts.com, or whatever, they don't have to tell you about it until they investigate it.

Be careful and never click "Ok"