Has anyone gotten the latest shingles shot

Mar 2018
Florida
Several years ago I got the shingles shot. It was only 47% effective, and we had to pay $220 each. We saw so many people suffer from shingles. About a year or so ago a new shot came out. It is over 90% effective. You do need a booster 2-4 months later. We are on Medicare. now, and it was only $35. I did get a reaction both times, but I was fine a couple days later. I highly recommend it.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
I only had shingles once, and have never gotten the shot. The only shot I get every year is the flu shot.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Several years ago I got the shingles shot. It was only 47% effective, and we had to pay $220 each. We saw so many people suffer from shingles. About a year or so ago a new shot came out. It is over 90% effective. You do need a booster 2-4 months later. We are on Medicare. now, and it was only $35. I did get a reaction both times, but I was fine a couple days later. I highly recommend it.
Shingles is one of the conditions I am neurotic about. :) I have never had them but they look so miserable and can actually cause nerve damage if the outbreak is severe. My insurance won't cover it unless I had a outbreak prior. I am thinking about just doing it on my own.