Has anyone here tried to sign up for Obamacare yet?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I did. Problem here is we are only one of a couple states that hasn't decided whether to expand Medicaid or not so the federal exchange can't help us yet. Otherwise the navigators here tried to be helpful but NH is a total mess. We only have one insurance company offering insurance and they are only offering coverage through Catholic hospitals. They are not close together here. Our family rates ranged from $320 for a huge deductible plan and 60/40 coverage to $950 a month for platinum and 90/10 coverage without any subsidies. Confusion is reigning supreme here because supposedly under the law a state needs a minimum of 2 insurance companies in order to get Medicaid expansion and since we only have one no one knows what to do or if we will be qualified. Our governor has asked for an exemption but no word yet.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Is your governor a republican? Seems to me republican state admins are trying their best to make sure PPACA doesn't work.
No Democrat Maggie Hassan. We are just having so much trouble because so many commute down to Mass and they don't allow the coverage between the states with Anthem which is the only insurance company here. They also only chose Catholic hospitals so womens reproductive coverage would be less, so many here aren't bothering to sign up. Right now I can walk to my doctor, but if I choose the exchange I have a 29 mile drive. Why bother?

Trouble for Obamacare in New Hampshire
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/politics/1016187-476/nh-womens-health-at-issue-under-anthem.html

RosieS

Former Staff
Mar 2013
Mother Mayo
Is your governor a republican? Seems to me republican state admins are trying their best to make sure PPACA doesn't work.
Rick Scott won't let navigators sit down and talk to Floridians. Librarians say they will likely invite navigators to their facilities to talk with library patrons.

Scott cannot stop Interwebz or telephonic communication, however.

He already reversed course to accept Federal Medicaid $$$.

Regards from Rosie

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
So, what happens when they don't. I know that I wont.
Then you'll just continue to be a parasite/burden on your neighbors like you undoubtedly have been & like Mordent admitted to being for ten years ...... when he "had better things to do" with his own money than buy health insurance.