Has anyone noticed a substantial increase in imports items from China yet?

Jul 2015
Maryland USA
No, if that was a tariff on chinese goods, that would be a 100% tariff which we don't have. I think it's 25%
Since the application of tariffs on foreign made consumer goods is supported by the labor unions, I assume that one of its purposes was to make domestic made goods more price competitive with foreign goods using cheaper labor. The false assumption seems to be that the American consumer would be willing to pay the price for domestic made goods. Perhaps, it was rather naive to think that the American consumer would be willing to give up cheap goods to support 'made in the USA".

Jul 2011
NYC
Since the application of tariffs on foreign made consumer goods is supported by the labor unions, I assume that one of its purposes was to make domestic made goods more price competitive with foreign goods using cheaper labor. The false assumption seems to be that the American consumer would be willing to pay the price for domestic made goods. Perhaps, it was rather naive to think that the American consumer would be willing to give up cheap goods to support 'made in the USA".

I do. I always prefer small business and american made if I have the choice.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Anyone remember the old "look for the union label" commercials back in the day? There was even one that said to have fewer clothes as long as they were made in the US as opposed to more cheap clothes made overseas by cheap labor. It was always the mantra, pay fellow Americans more so they have good jobs. Dont get why its so controversial now. Anybody thats ever been in a union knows this.

Jun 2014
United States
Anyone remember the old "look for the union label" commercials back in the day? There was even one that said to have fewer clothes as long as they were made in the US as opposed to more cheap clothes made overseas by cheap labor. It was always the mantra, pay fellow Americans more so they have good jobs. Dont get why its so controversial now. Anybody thats ever been in a union knows this.

Most folks these days have never been a member of a labor union. They have effectively been outlawed in most regions of the nation.