has anyone noticed how retarded things are?

T

The_Bear

seriously.
everything is retarded.
look at the news, and tell me if the news is anything but retarded.

J

johnflesh

seriously.
everything is retarded.
look at the news, and tell me if the news is anything but retarded.
Shit, I'd rather be alive right now than any other time in history.

Its a good time to be alive.

Maybe because things are so crazy I feel that way.

G

Guyker

Shit, I'd rather be alive right now than any other time in history.

Its a good time to be alive.

Maybe because things are so crazy I feel that way.
These may be good times for you, but I'd rather be a Viking--all that pillaging, no lawyers.

V

~V~

In general I stay away from the news, especially mainstream news. I hardly watch the news except the local news or the news programs on PBS. I stay away from FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc. If you watch network news, you probably think the sky is falling.

I would say that things are less than ideal. We are fighting a war which I don't understand, obesity is epidemic, we are addicted to non-renewable resources, religion is again a primary issue with Republicans, the American economy is losing its advantage, etc.

Overall, it is still a good era to live in and America is still a decent place to reside. We still have the power and resources to shape our lives and future.

I don't think this is the most progressive time to live in, but it is certainly not oppressive.

S

Six

Wow, so many sad people in this thread.

/sadface
I'm a happy camper ! Yea too bad I couldn't have been around when plague and pestilence ruled the day and when you had to keep a sharp eye out to keep from stepping in your chamber pot every morning. Although I wouldn't have minded being around in the late 40's and early fifties.