Has Barack Obama Been the ‘Most Admired Man’ in the World for 11 Years?

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
You are free to adore whoever you like. It's an opinion, nothing more.

Adore? No president is worthy of adoration. Doing so would identify one as a cultist. Admire? Well, now, that's a possibility. While Obama made some mistakes along the way, as all of them do, he brought dignity to the White House and was generally admired by a majority of Americans as well as the citizens of the great democracies. Obama had a lot working against him from the start. The right wing, the ones who later became Trump supporters, blamed him for the recession even before he took office. One particularly vociferous right wing pundit declared, "I hope he fails!" The Republican Party declared that their #1 priority was not the failing economy, but making Obama a one term president.

We now have a president who thinks the moon is part of Mars, that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by China, and that windmills cause cancer. The same people who despised Obama love him

Beam me up, Scotty.

Jan 2007
Adore? No president is worthy of adoration. Doing so would identify one as a cultist. Admire? Well, now, that's a possibility. While Obama made some mistakes along the way, as all of them do, he brought dignity to the White House and was generally admired by a majority of Americans as well as the citizens of the great democracies. Obama had a lot working against him from the start. The right wing, the ones who later became Trump supporters, blamed him for the recession even before he took office. One particularly vociferous right wing pundit declared, "I hope he fails!" The Republican Party declared that their #1 priority was not the failing economy, but making Obama a one term president.

We now have a president who thinks the moon is part of Mars, that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by China, and that windmills cause cancer. The same people who despised Obama love him

Beam me up, Scotty.
Adore? No president is worthy of adoration. Doing so would identify one as a cultist. Did you get a tingle up your leg? Did voting black have a special appeal? Being historic?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
What do I have to justify , I said I hate you people because your this countries biggest threat and in my opinion this countries biggest enemy and then I pointed out that you would also hate your countries enemy. Nothing fuzzy about it, I'm making it as clear as possible and as simple as possible because of the people on the other side that I'm responding to. The final result is getting rid of your hate party and it will happen. It will be replaced by a real conservative party, that is built on honor and not on just hate and ugliness.
Lol. It doesn't matter. You'll just screech that they're Nazis too. You are so disingenuous. People like you have been calling anyone who you disagree with Nazis of fascists for decades. Are we seriously supposed to believe that there's some alternate universe where you don't engage in this kind of idiocy?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Beam me up, Scotty.
Oh boo hoo! Poor Obama. He had opposition! Poor guy. Why didn't everyone just rubber stamp everything he wanted to do? Other presidents started out with less and got more done.

Feb 2011
Oh boo hoo! Poor Obama. He had opposition! Poor guy. Why didn't everyone just rubber stamp everything he wanted to do? Other presidents started out with less and got more done.
Name another time when the primary goal of the opposition party, before anything of benefit to the country, was to make the newly elected president a one term president.

Name another time when a recession that started before the election was blamed on the winner of the election.

When else has the opposition party refused to even interview a Supreme Court nominee before they even knew who it was?

All presidents have opposition. That's the nature of democracy. Unfortunately, Obama was elected at a time; when the Congress was rendered dysfunctional by hyper partisanship.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Name another time when the primary goal of the opposition party, before anything of benefit to the country, was to make the newly elected president a one term president.
Every time a president had an opposing party in Congress. It's just that typically the president's sycophants don't cry as much about it.

Name another time when a recession that started before the election was blamed on the winner of the election.
Straw man.
When else has the opposition party refused to even interview a Supreme Court nominee before they even knew who it was?
Democrats have been playing hardball with court nominations for years. They literally just accused a Supreme Court nominee of rape to try to sink his nomination. So cry me a river that someone screwed them over.

All presidents have opposition. That's the nature of democracy. Unfortunately, Obama was elected at a time; when the Congress was rendered dysfunctional by hyper partisanship.
You forgot to add that Obama was a poor leader and divisive presence. He just expected everyone to roll over for his agenda. That's not how it works.

Feb 2011
1 Every time a president had an opposing party in Congress. It's just that typically the president's sycophants don't cry as much about it.

2 Straw man.
3 Democrats have been playing hardball with court nominations for years. They literally just accused a Supreme Court nominee of rape to try to sink his nomination. So cry me a river that someone screwed them over.

4 You forgot to add that Obama was a poor leader and divisive presence. He just expected everyone to roll over for his agenda. That's not how it works.
1. You mean like the current president's syncophants don't cry about Democratic opposition?
2. Better look up the definition of that one. It's not a default response to something you can't counter. The right wing actually did blame Obama for the recession that started before he was elected.
3 It wasn't Democrats who accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. That was a series of women. \
4. That's your opinion.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
1. You mean like the current president's syncophants don't cry about Democratic opposition?
"But Trump!"
2. Better look up the definition of that one. It's not a default response to something you can't counter. The right wing actually did blame Obama for the recession that started before he was elected.
What, like one guy? So now he becomes the entire right?
3 It wasn't Democrats who accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. That was a series of women. \
It was Democrats. They used false accusations to try to sink his nominations. Democrats have been doing this since Bork. Obama himself voted to filibuster the Alito nomination. So if you think I have one iota of sympathy that someone plays hardball back, then think again.
4. That's your opinion.
And what you said was yours.