Have Conservatives Evolved or Grown Regarding Treatment of Women in Politics?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
On this issue, there are two types of people:

1) Those who, as a rule, don't go after women's looks (hair, face, wardrobe);
2) Those who, as a rule, only go after the looks of women with whose politics they disagree (and are irked or outraged when someone goes after the looks of women with whose politics they align).

If you think #1 almost exclusively describes liberals and #2 almost exclusively describes conservatives, you're not being honest with yourself (or others.)
Agree...but you have to wonder when it comes to politics, why are there not comments usually about how a man looks?

I think if people believe there is no sexism with it comes to politics, they are kidding themselves.

Wonderer

Council Hall
May 2014
Missouri
Agree...but you have to wonder when it comes to politics, why are there not comments usually about how a man looks?

I think if people believe there is no sexism with it comes to politics, they are kidding themselves.
Madeline started a thread on this last week, I think. There absolutely are comments about how a man looks -- Trump's hair, skin tone, heft, hand size; Chris Christie's heft; Obama's ears; Rand Paul's hair; Rubio's stature; etc. I think we tend to take more offense when such comments are directed toward women and the comments tend to be more catty.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Boon - that was pretty evident from my initial post.
Grieve the death of William F. Buckley in your own time. I am sad, just as I am sad Gore Vidal is dead.

Brilliant men, both if them and both were correct about essential truths.

But I am too busy trying to keep the patient alive to conduct a post mortem.

Ask me again in the next decade.