Have we forgotten the World Trade Center Attack - and does anyone care

Apr 2013
Someplace else.
Has the sorrow and outrage over the World Trade Center 9/11 attack that killed 2,996, the Beirut truck bomb that killed 214 Marines, the Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am attack that killed 259, the Benghazi attack, the Fort Hood attack, or the Boston attack diminished to the point we don’t care any more. Sure seems like it. Our Government, our Congress, our last five Presidents have spent trillions of our tax dollars in the Arab world proving the point, that they don’t care.

Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans | Infoplease.com

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Has the sorry and outrage over the World Trade Center 9/11 attack that killed 2,996, the Beirut truck bomb that killed 214 Marines, the Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am attack that killed 259, the Benghazi attack, the Fort Hood attack, or the Boston attack diminished to the point we don’t care any more. Sure seems like it. Our Government, our Congress, our last five Presidents have spent trillions of our tax dollars in the Arab world proving the point, that they don’t care.

So exactly what is it you want?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Well....I guess I want your opinion on what I just said.....has the out rage diminished? Do you care any more? Should we just forget it? I hope not. H
. What is it you want? My opinion on what? Should we forget about 9/11? Of course not, but why on earth do you seem to think that it would be a bad thing for "outrage to diminish?" Has not much been done to find the criminal that did this and bring them to justice? Did we not find and kill the leader of the operation? How much is enough?
There's a question for YOU. How much blood is enough? How much American money and blood, how much Muslim blood would be enough to calm your outrage? How much time has to pass?

Apr 2013
Someplace else.
. What is it you want? My opinion on what? Should we forget about 9/11? Of course not, but why on earth do you seem to think that it would be a bad thing for "outrage to diminish?" Has not much been done to find the criminal that did this and bring them to justice? Did we not find and kill the leader of the operation? How much is enough?
There's a question for YOU. How much blood is enough? How much American money and blood, how much Muslim blood would be enough to calm your outrage? How much time has to pass?
You've answered my question, in your fashion. Now I'll try to answer yours. I think enough American blood has been spent in that part of the world....way too much. As far as money.....if we never spent another nickle there, in any form, I'd be happy. Will my outrage, and sorrow for these attacks that happened diminish...I certainly hope not...it hasn't yet. Corporate Greed has driven our Government to expended too much time, money, and to many American lives in that part of the world. Enough is enough. I see no benefit for Americans, by sending our young men and women to fight in that part of the world....I see no benefit for Americans to continue to send foreign aid to any Arab country......

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
You've answered my question, in your fashion. Now I'll try to answer yours. I think enough American blood has been spent in that part of the world....way too much. As far as money.....if we never spent another nickle there, in any form, I'd be happy. Will my outrage, and sorrow for these attacks that happened diminish...I certainly hope not...it hasn't yet. Corporate Greed has driven our Government to expended too much time, money, and to many American lives in that part of the world. Enough is enough. I see no benefit for Americans, by sending our young men and women to fight in that part of the world....I see no benefit for Americans to continue to send foreign aid to any Arab country......
I agree that too much blood and money has been spent over there. I agree the root cause is corporate greed.
You can feel anger and outrage for as long as you want I suppose. I see no point in it. A good friend of mine served as a 2ndLt. of a Marine rifle platoon during some of the worst fighting of Vietnam. Came back bitter and angry. Many years after the war ended he went back to Vietnam as a tourist and bacl back ready to lay that burden of hatred down. He's a lot happier now. It's one thing to learn from a negative experience, another to carry around hatred or "outrage" for the rest of your life AND also fully expect others to a well. NOW you got to be outraged at MY lack of continued outrage! AND you have to hate on every Arab country, not just the INDIVIDUALS who committed 9/11.

Jun 2011
N/A
Has the sorrow and outrage over the World Trade Center 9/11 attack that killed 2,996, the Beirut truck bomb that killed 214 Marines, the Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am attack that killed 259, the Benghazi attack, the Fort Hood attack, or the Boston attack diminished to the point we don’t care any more. Sure seems like it. Our Government, our Congress, our last five Presidents have spent trillions of our tax dollars in the Arab world proving the point, that they don’t care.

I have not forgotten, nor will I ever. But, @Old Navy - with all respect, there is no way in the world to quantify this. Different people grieve and/or reflect/remember in different ways. And money spent by our government has nothing in the world to do with individual grief.

I think this thread would be very productive to have closer to the next 911 anniversary: 9/11/2013.

Last edited:
Jun 2011
N/A
the bolded: I agree with you more than youi realize. With just is petty cash account, the richest sheik in Saudi Arabien could finance all of the Palestinian Authority for a number of years. But I am not sure this belongs in a 911 rememberance thread. It would, however, be worthy of a thread dealing only with this point. I think you should open such a thread.