Have you gotten your flu vaccine?

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
We're in the flu season and it is very important that you get vaccinated against the flu. If you haven't been vaccinated please do so.

Regards,

Bourne

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Been there, done that. The most painful part was having to wait a frigging 40 minutes past my appointment time because they were "one nurse short."

May 2012
By the wall
My ex was a biologist and chemist, she said to never get a flu shot, it lowers your immune system.

Sure it may help you with this strain but not the next one. Better to get a little sick now then have to rely on that crap.

I am lucky though because I never get sick. Other than having the chicken pox I've never had so much as a sniffle.

Nov 2014
TN
My ex was a biologist and chemist, she said to never get a flu shot, it lowers your immune system.

Sure it may help you with this strain but not the next one. Better to get a little sick now then have to rely on that crap.

I am lucky though because I never get sick. Other than having the chicken pox I've never had so much as a sniffle.
It does not lower your immune system, now the vaccine does not carry antigens for all strains of flu.

Nov 2014
TN
Sorry but I am going with the chick with a masters in biology.
I have a Masters in Microbiology and Immunology .. Flu vaccines don't depress your immune system. But they only create immunity to the strains of flu contained in the Vaccine.

So if the Vaccine does not have antigens for H1N1 (Bird flu) then you will not be immune to that strain of flu.

May 2012
By the wall
I have a Masters in Microbiology and Immunology .. Flu vaccines don't depress your immune system. But they only create immunity to the strains of flu contained in the Vaccine.

So if the Vaccine does not have antigens for H1N1 (Bird flu) then you will not be immune to that strain of flu.
Good to know.

Remind me not to debate you on disease lol.

Obviously that makes you our resident expert.

We have law experts here, math experts, economic experts, and constitutional experts like me.

Last edited: