Haven't been by in a while

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Haven't been by in a while but with "old-crazy-eyes" in US news talking about how the US had grossly failed to use violent force to stop the Arab Spring, and some other wingnut suggesting US troops entering Mexico - I thought I'd stop by and check out all the "Wow, I could not have been more wrong about Libya" threads that have probably popped up since I left.

With the "Liberal War by Committee" fading into memory as pretty much a textbook example of how the West should be promoting human rights and freeoms in the Middle East,I just assumed some who were more vocal against have probably posted saying "Wow, that's great. I really didn't expect it to go that smoothly. I guess France and UK really had the right idea there, and I'm glad the US was able to give the UN pull, early coordination and hardware assistance that France, Uk and Italy requested without getting actually involved in any combat. With all of NATO's problems it did come through this time. And it was nice that Canada had a capable command staff that European and American militaries could compromise on but also trust to get the job done."

But I must have missed them, can anyone link me to them?

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I'm sorry, what with an 11 year old football player being oppressed and Bristol Palin being attacked by a "crazed homosexual" we've been a little busy. We'll get to the stories of lesser importance like Libya soon, I promise.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
If it weren't for the free Huff Post app on my Blackberry I would never have ever heard of these developments. i swear, that one app has made me fully conversant in the minutia of US politics, art, comedy... even black voices and the particular local news of select major cities.

I have a 40 minute trainsit ride each way 5 days a week and both the CBC newsworld and Globe and Mail politics app, which I LOVED, keep crashing my phone. So it's Huff Post and their detailed, hour by hour coverage of Presidential election coverage 2 full years before the actual campaign, detailed examinations of Palin's bowel movements, and the occasional indignant letter from Alec Baldwin for me..

Who wants to talk about state level death penalty debates?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
If it weren't for the free Huff Post app on my Blackberry I would never have ever heard of these developments. i swear, that one app has made me fully conversant in the minutia of US politics, art, comedy... even black voices and the particular local news of select major cities.

I have a 40 minute trainsit ride each way 5 days a week and both the CBC newsworld and Globe and Mail politics app, which I LOVED, keep crashing my phone. So it's Huff Post and their detailed, hour by hour coverage of Presidential election coverage 2 full years before the actual campaign, detailed examinations of Palin's bowel movements, and the occasional indignant letter from Alec Baldwin for me..

Who wants to talk about state level death penalty debates?

Can't you get the HuffPo Canada version?

Dec 2006
In the Witness Protection Program
I always thought you were here for the free cocktail weenies and drinks with the little umbrellas anyway.