He thought she cheated on him...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
...so he drove her out to the woods, beat and tortured her, and chopped her hands off with an axe!

Horrifying story in the town of Serpukhov, near Moscow.

Margarita Gracheva, 25

Beautiful woman, worked as a marketologist at the local newspaper "Serpukhovskie Vesti" ("Serpukhov News").

Married to Dmitry, 26

Dmitry has a degree in psychology, of all things, yet has been working a menial job at a warehouse, which, right away, tells me there is something ain't right with the guy...

Recently, colleagues say Margarita mentioned she would file for divorce from Dmitry soon.

Yesterday night, he apparently forced her into the family car, in a paranoid, jealous rage, drove hem out into a desolate rural area, and just set upon her, with his fists, beating her, breaking some of her fingers; holding a knife to her throat. He was convinced she was seeing another man. Finally, he went at her with the axe, chopping off both her hands.

Later, I guess, he may be had some remorse over what he'd done, because he then drove her to the hospital.

That is where he was arrested.

Meanwhile, the surgeons at Zhadkevich Hospital in Moscow have performed a miraculous, unique operation

putting her hands back together (warning, somewhat graphic image)
The police actually had to go back out to those woods, and search for her severed left hand with dogs and such, and luckily found it in time, to reattach it. She now remains in hospital. Her colleagues, journalists at Serpukhov News, have began a drive to raise money to help her recovery: https://360tv.ru/news/chp/sbor-sredstv-na-reabilitatsiju-zhertvy-revnivogo-muzha/

Dmitry is being kept in jail
[video=youtube;mDbJL82ckvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbJL82ckvg[/video]
He now apparently feels what he did was "stupid", that is what he told the police detective at his interrogation...

Their two little boys, whom Margarita adores

are now with their grandmother.

Everyone around them, is completely shocked.

By all outside appearances, this was a close-nit, loving couple

Outside appearances can be deceiving, however... Nobody ever really knows what goes on, inside a family.

I believe, it is likely, as happens to far too many women over there in Russia, he had physically abused her before, on many occasions. That was likely why she was finally gonna divorce him. She had probably hid the abuse from colleagues and friends for a long time, as, again, too many Russian women do...

Religious fucker too, here he is going through the annual swimming in ice water on Epiphany

The hardline Orthodox do this every January. Priests bless the cross shaped holes cut in the ice, and they hop in there, believing all water is holy that day, and it will cleanse their soul and make their body healthier too.

All the worst abusers tend to be religious hardliners... Not surprising at all...

Reactions: 4 people
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Jesus, what a horrible story. Good on her surgeons, and best wishes for her and her kids.

What is the likely penalty for this guy?

Reactions: 2 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Jesus, what a horrible story. Good on her surgeons, and best wishes for her and her kids.

What is the likely penalty for this guy?
Battery causing severe injuries, he may spend 15 years out there in Siberia.

Hopefully.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I find it hard to believe that a person could engage in such a horrific - and prolonged - act of violence out of the blue. There must have been warning signs that he was capable of such behavior during the several years they were married.

[MENTION=16063]The Man[/MENTION] - Good call on the use of the spoiler tag in your OP.

Reactions: 3 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Not enough, but at least he'll do some time, and his victim can have peace.
15 years in those "correctional colonies" is like 30 years in many Western prisons. Don't know if he would even survive there. Most of the prison camps still live by the Ponyatia, the Understandings, the old school Russian mafia code of conduct, as interpreted by the Thieves in Law, the "Godfathers". And the Thieves generally despise those who commit violent crimes against women and/or children. It will be hell for him, I'm sure...

I find it hard to believe that a person could engage in such a horrific - and prolonged - act of violence out of the blue. There must have been warning signs that he was capable of such behavior during the several years they were married.

[MENTION=16063]The Man[/MENTION] - Good call on the use of the spoiler tag in your OP.
A. Yes, I am sure there had been abuse for awhile, as I said.

B. I did think about whether to include that pic at all. It's not pretty. But, it's my thing, I have to illustrate my posts... It's almost pathological...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
So, more information now emerging. She had apparently filed several police complaints against him before, for threatening and assaulting her. Moreover, her mother, the grandma who has the kids right now, says she repeatedly told her to leave the SOB before. But, she wouldn't listen. Didn't want the boys to grow up without their father. Grandma says even as he was arrested, he threatened her daughter that would come back and finish the job...

Also, she is now able to talk, for first time, journalists went to the hospital to interview her

She explained what happened and why.

Few days ago, he apparently found some text messages between Margarita and a male colleague at the newspaper, which he interpreted as of a romantic nature. That's why he confronted her and then basically abducted her out of town, as he did. He just went insane, she says, worse than he'd ever been. She also said he was a nice guy before, when they just go together, but became possessive, jealous, and angry later on, especially after he couldn't find a job in his professional field, and started drinking because of it. But he was ok before.

His own grandfather, however, said he was basically an asshole even as a kid

lol

Sad news is, I am now hearing that the initial reports were wrong, the doctors were only able to save one of her hands. And it is a toss up if the one they reattached will rehabilitate properly and be able to fully function in future... Fucking animal... :(

The GOOD news, is the rumor I am also seeing online is that he already been assaulted in his jail cell. He would be sharing the place with about three dozen nice fellows like this one

If he thought he was a fucking tough guy before, against a defenseless woman; I am guessing he is now being violently disabused of that notion :) Word is he's been sexually violated last night, by three men... Happens to woman and child abusers in there... The guards don't bother getting involved either.

If there is a guy I am not at all sorry to see go through that shit, this would be him...

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Domestic violence is bitterly hard to effectively combat, sir. I have witnessed enormous progress in my lifetime here in the US, but we are quickly losing virtually all those gains IMO.

The cornerstone of adequate response is to offer the woman and her kids real safety. In the US, we did that by funding domestic violence shelters. At the peak, no woman in the continental U.S. was more than 2 hours away from one, and occupancy/capacity was adequate.

Now, there is only one shelter left in Southern California, for example, covering 900 square miles and they turn away 10+ women for every one who seeks shelter. Closures of shelters across the country is a plague.

It's not a pretty picture.

Last edited:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Domestic violence is bitterly hard to effectively combat, sir. I have witnessed enormous progress in my lifetime here in the US, but we are quickly losing virtually all those gains IMO.

The cornerstone of adequate response is to offer the woman and her kids real safety. In the US, we did that by funding domestic violence shelters. At the peak, no woman in the continental U.S. was more than 2 hours away from one, and occupancy/capacity was adequate.

Now, there is only one shelter left in Southern California, for example, covering 900 square miles and they turn away 10+ women for every one who seeks shelter. Closures of shelters across the country is a plague.

It's not a pretty picture.
In Russia, it's not even a crime anymore, unless you do something extreme like this: http://politicalhotwire.com/sexuality/183316-decriminalizing-domestic-violence.html

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
In Russia, it's not even a crime anymore, unless you do something extreme like this: http://politicalhotwire.com/sexuality/183316-decriminalizing-domestic-violence.html
I remember you posting about this before. It's terrible, and not just because it denies justice to DV victims.

A nation that does not value and respect women will lose ground in all areas of human rights, and in every other area of higher human achievement, IMO. The underlying mysoginy is directly set against all those values.

So fewer artists, fewer scientists and poets. Etc.

Of both genders.

IMO, anyway.

Reactions: 1 person