Healthcare.gov: Small Business Delayed One Year

Apr 2012
South Central Pennsylvania
Small business Obamacare online enrollment delayed a year - Jason Millman - POLITICO.com

The Obama administration today announced a one year delay of online enrollment for small businesses looking to purchase health coverage through federal Obamacare exchanges, another high-profile setback for HealthCare.gov.
It’s the second delay for online small business enrollment, which the administration had said would begin this month.

The White House is trying to get the troubled enrollment website on track for individuals and families seeking coverage, which is a higher priority. It set this Saturday, Nov. 30, as a target date for getting HealthCare.gov working for the “vast majority” of users.
The delay of the small business exchanges comes as little surprise, as the administration had said earlier this week it would offer alternative ways for small businesses to enroll. Still, it undercuts the White House message that it’s beginning to turn around the disastrous rollout of the health care law.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

So now not only can individuals not get health insurance, small businesses that would like to obtain health insurance for their employees through Obamacare can not get health care. I wonder what other surprises Obamacare has in store for us.

ORR

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
Small business Obamacare online enrollment delayed a year - Jason Millman - POLITICO.com

_______________________________________________________________________________________

So now not only can individuals not get health insurance, small businesses that would like to obtain health insurance for their employees through Obamacare can not get health care. I wonder what other surprises Obamacare has in store for us.

ORR
Well to clarify anyway, small businesses CAN get healthcare through Obamacare for their employees. They just can't do it online.

Oct 2010
In the empty heads of the right wingers I own
Well to clarify anyway, small businesses CAN get healthcare through Obamacare for their employees. They just can't do it online.
Yep. By paper. And the incentives for them to do it still apply. Overall, it will allow many small businesses to be able to offer health insurance as a benefit for the first time ever, as it will be cheaper with the subsidies.

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
If by "weird" you mean "expected", I totally agree.
Yep. Every IT guy in the country agrees too. There's nothing "wierd" about any of this, it's entirely 100% vanilla.

If you're sayin' any of this is "wierd" somehow, maybe you need to get out more. :smiley-shrug: