'Healthified' NYC Chinese Restaurant Blasted For Cultural Appropriation

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
A newly-opened New York restaurant has sparked controversy for using what some are calling racist language. Lucky Lee’s in Greenwich Village was only open for one day before it went viral on Instagram for a now-deleted post saying that traditional lo mein makes people feel “bloated and icky.”
The restaurant serves what they call “healthified” Chinese food in a casual environment.
Nutritionist Arielle Haspel is the creator of Lucky Lee’s. She reportedly told Eater that she created the restaurant for “people who love to eat Chinese food and love the benefit that it will actually make them feel good” with “clean” Chinese-American recipes.
Haspel received backlash on her Instagram account @bewellwitharielle for her statements, with one user commenting, “This is terrible. Why do you feel the need to grossly appropriate another culture while simultaneously calling it ‘unclean’ and ‘unhealthy’?”

'Healthified' NYC Restaurant Blasted for 'Icky' Lo Mein Post

Once again SJW's try to ruin someone for stupid reasons.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
First of all, there's no such thing as cultural appropriation.
Second, SJW's are stupid people. They think that "clean" eating is a reference to hygiene or culture.
And they are sociopaths. People invest a lot of capital and labor into starting a restaurant and it is a high risk venture. These SJW psychopaths are trying to ruin someone's livelihood by bombing the restaurant with negative reviews on Yelp. This is someone's life that they are trying to ruin.
Ironically, One of the ringleaders of the online mob, @doodlyroses, is an Asian classical pianist. The piano is an Italian instrument. And does she only play Asian composers? No Brahms or Mozart?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
I miss old New York.... These new SJW hipsters looking to be offended..... I'm guessing the owner isn't from the city because he didn't tell the motherf fuckers to fuck off...

"chinese food" is american anyway.

furthermore this is NYC, We have every race and culture making every type of food.

Right down the street:

Dos Toros Taqueria

Owned by a white guy

MURRAYS Bagels, NYC, Serving Greenwich Village the finest Bagels, Smoked Fish, and other appetizing fare. We provide catering, 500 6th Avenue (12th/13th Streets)
Owned by a chinese guy.

oh the horror!

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Leftism is so crazy.

Who can even keep up with all this insanity?

There was a Tex Mex restaurant near me that was run by non-English speaking Mexicans.

It wasn't doing very well so they changed it to a Chinese food restaurant and put in a buffet.

Now it's booming.

You should try ordering Lo Mein in Spanish.

I wonder what those idiots in NY would think about that.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I miss old New York.... These new SJW hipsters looking to be offended..... I'm guessing the owner isn't from the city because he didn't tell the motherf fuckers to fuck off...

"chinese food" is american anyway.

furthermore this is NYC, We have every race and culture making every type of food.

Right down the street:

Dos Toros Taqueria

Owned by a white guy

MURRAYS Bagels, NYC, Serving Greenwich Village the finest Bagels, Smoked Fish, and other appetizing fare. We provide catering, 500 6th Avenue (12th/13th Streets)
Owned by a chinese guy.

oh the horror!
These rules are only made up by and observed by SJWs. Asian people certainly don't care about their made up "cultural appropriation" lanes.
Some of the best Chinese food I ever had was made by a Vietnamese guy. I've also enjoyed sushi prepared by Chinese chefs.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
These rules are only made up by and observed by SJWs. Asian people certainly don't care about their made up "cultural appropriation" lanes.
Some of the best Chinese food I ever had was made by a Vietnamese guy. I've also enjoyed sushi prepared by Chinese chefs.

Best chinese place in the city is jewish.