Hearing in Doubt? Christine Ford’s Lawyer Rips Senate Plan to Have Prosecutor Ask Questions: Not ‘Fair and Respectful’

Apr 2012
Told she would not show. Hear come the excuses and then the democrats demanding more delays. The GOP needs to say it is time to vote

Hearing in Doubt? Christine Ford’s Lawyer Rips Senate Plan to Have Prosecutor Ask Questions: Not ‘Fair and Respectful’

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford‘s legal team has sent a letter (which can be seen below via NBC’s Frank Thorp) to the Senate Judiciary Committee amid continuous negotiations ahead of Thursday’s scheduled hearing.

In the letter addressed to Sen. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Ford’s legal team cites Sen. Majority Leader’s Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) speech on the Senate floor on Monday afternoon as “flatly inconsistent” with Grassley’s promise of a “fair and credible process.”

“In our view, the hiring of an unnamed ‘experienced sex crimes prosecutor’ as Mr. Davis described in his email, is contrary to the Majority’s repeated emphasis on the need for the Senate and this Committee’s members to fulfill their constitutional obligations,” attorney Michael Bromwich wrote. “It is also inconsistent with your stated wish to avoid a ‘circus,’ as well as Dr. Blasey Ford’s repeated requests through counsel that senators conduct the questioning. This is not a criminal trial for which the involvement of an experienced sex crimes prosecutor would be appropriate.”

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
If the Republicans delay the vote, they are idiots and deserve to be voted out of office.

Then it will be a chorus of send in the clowns.

Nov 2006
If the Republicans delay the vote, they are idiots and deserve to be voted out of office.

Then it will be a chorus of send in the clowns.
You don't think ramming this guy through with 51 repub votes without addressing this guys 3 or so charges of sexual assault is a little premature? Being an avid trump supporter I can see why you don't but do you think the rest of the country finds the way the right treats the SC a little undemocratic? They have the fucking audacity to not hear Obamas pick when he deserved it and now are planning to stick this guy in with no democratic votes whatsoever? With multiple charges of sexual assault unaddressed? I think they should, make it obvious to all they don't give a shit about how a SC justice is supposed to be confirmed. Remember, every republican running would do the same so if you find that a little offensive, don't vote for them.

This is becoming a battle that we will never win. A president used to nominate a SC justice by picking someone he knew would have some support from both sides of the aisle, now it's "who am I capable of ramming through with the votes I have".

Apr 2012
You don't think ramming this guy through with 51 repub votes without addressing this guys 3 or so charges of sexual assault is a little premature? Being an avid trump supporter I can see why you don't but do you think the rest of the country finds the way the right treats the SC a little undemocratic? They have the fucking audacity to not hear Obamas pick when he deserved it and now are planning to stick this guy in with no democratic votes whatsoever? With multiple charges of sexual assault unaddressed? I think they should, make it obvious to all they don't give a shit about how a SC justice is supposed to be confirmed. Remember, every republican running would do the same so if you find that a little offensive, don't vote for them.

This is becoming a battle that we will never win. A president used to nominate a SC justice by picking someone he knew would have some support from both sides of the aisle, now it's "who am I capable of ramming through with the votes I have".
It is democrats trying to delay the process till after the election. There is no evidence any of this happened this is just more democrats obstruction and gutter politics

Nov 2006
Told she would not show. Hear come the excuses and then the democrats demanding more delays. The GOP needs to say it is time to vote

Since when do these hearings EVER have anyone but the senators asking the questions? Are they afraid to show they don't give a shit about this woman or her charges so they will have a prosecutor ask the disgustingly stupid questions? They not have the guts to be disgusting? Remember, if that prosecutor asks it, it's coming from the republicans who hired him.

Apr 2012
Since when do these hearings EVER have anyone but the senators asking the questions? Are they afraid to show they don't give a shit about this woman or her charges so they will have a prosecutor ask the disgustingly stupid questions? They not have the guts to be disgusting? Remember, if that prosecutor asks it, it's coming from the republicans who hired him.
The democrats created that with their old white men rhetoric. The democrats are destroying and perverting the advise and consent process

Nov 2006
It is democrats trying to delay the process till after the election. There is no evidence any of this happened this is just more democrats obstruction and gutter politics
Who was it who delayed the process for fucking 14 months? There most certainly is no evidence if you refuse to hear it.