Here Comes Palin?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
[h=2]Here Comes Palin?[/h]Politico reports that phone calls were made "on behalf of a mystery candidate to various early states to determine presidential filing deadlines."

The calls were made by representatives of the law firm Baker Hostetler -- a firm that employs the lawyer who represents Sarah PAC, Sarah Palin's political action committee.

Here Comes Palin?

What? No ... really!? I thought for sure she was out. This has got to be a stunt of some sort .... I don't think she'll really run. Maybe she just wants to 'restoke' the will she or won't she, and get more cash to her PAC.

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
As a con to be honest I would not vote for her. Nothing against her just don't think she is a con and don't think she would be a good President.

Reactions: Jets

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Isn't it funny how the speculation on Palin had died down while Christie was being talked about. He then turns it down and suddenly there's fresh speculation that Palin could still be planning to run. What this points out to me more than anything else is the dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates that are showing up for the debates.

Reactions: Tarheeler

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Isn't it funny how the speculation on Palin had died down while Christie was being talked about. He then turns it down and suddenly there's fresh speculation that Palin could still be planning to run. What this points out to me more than anything else is the dissatisfaction with the current crop of candidates that are showing up for the debates.

Yes! It is odd. Telegraphs the dissatisfaction with the field, as you said. Reminds me so much of the '04 nominating contest the Dems had ... after Dean imploded. Yup, Kerry took the nomination, but no one was thrilled about it.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Yes! It is odd. Telegraphs the dissatisfaction with the field, as you said. Reminds me so much of the '04 nominating contest the Dems had ... after Dean imploded. Yup, Kerry took the nomination, but no one was thrilled about it.
There's a pretty good list of lackluster nominees that neither party were particularly excited about.

Kerry in '04
Dole in '96
Dukakis in '88
Mondale in '84
Ford in '76

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Palin is not going to run. She is making a pile of money from her notoriety, and the speculation that she might run is gaining her even more notoriety, so she'll string us along. She's not a candidate.